Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hey Ken

Posted by mxk3 z5b/6 MI (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 20:12

Since you asked in the other thread - I went with a landscaper. The wheels are in motion, have to pick out the stone I want to use, will drag my sister (aka Sis in your book) along, she loves stuff like that and DH doesn't really give a flip - might as well make it a fun day at the stone place and lunch. I'm looking at mid to late August to have the work done.

Will be a PITA for me to dig all those plants and then replant, but there's too much $$$ sitting in the ground and some beautiful plant material to just toss. So, in some regards looking forward to the new patio, in other regards not at all looking forward to it. I'll be happy when it's done, no doubt. :0)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hey Ken

why replant what needs to be moved... wont it be going back????

two choices ....

make a nursery bed .... even just a pile of wood chips.. dig up plants.. nestle them in.. and 'hold them over' for the week or two of the project ... replant.. the spread mulch .... this plan might seem slightly backwards.. to order the finish mulch first.. but is brilliant.. if i say so myself.. lol ... make it part of the project and have him deliver and place it.. where you need it for the storage ... sorta like nurseries.. who bury ball and burlaps in mulch ...

or use plastic grocery bags .. dig plant... insert in bag .... carry to holding area in full shade ... set down.. open bag flat .. and let them lay there for the duration ... pick up.. and replant after it is all done ... throw bag away .. water and mulch ....

take lots of pre and post pix ....

good luck

ken

ps: might be an interesting NEW post about how others have 'held plants over' ... if you dont address it solely to me.. lol ...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here