Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ginnier_gw

Garden waste

ginnier
9 years ago

Had lunch with some gals today. Liz said where can I get a new bag for my garden waste; mine is shot. She said it's not made out of tarp-type material; it doesn't have a wire frame. I got the feeling that it lays out on the ground, you thro your sticks and weeds and trimmings in the middle and then you grab the handles to pull it together and pick it all up.

What do you use? Where can I find something like what I've described above?

Comments (11)

• aftermidnight Zone7b B.C. Canada
    9 years ago

Something like a log carrier?

Here is a link that might be useful: Log Carriers

• lilsprout
    9 years ago

Sounds like the one I have....

My sister gave me one from ikea. It was folded up neatly when she gave it to me stating it unfolded into a very large 2 handled tote like carrier.

I unfolded it to find....This thing is the bomb! It is made of tarp like material and unbelievably large with nice handles. Reminds me of a wood carrier also, only much larger. (Shaped like a boat)

I highly recommend one and it's inexpensive too!

• ginnier
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I looked all over Ikea's site and could not find anything other than recyclable bags for groceries or travel. Do you know if it's still available? I looked in the garden/outdoor section etc.

How about a picture of yours, LOL?

• lilsprout
    9 years ago

I'll post one alittle later when I get home...

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    9 years ago

We have a somewhat unique large tarp-like bag that mainly gets used to collect and transport fallen leaves in the fall. DH used to work for a food company before he retired. The bags were used to ship ingredients and then discarded. They held about 1600 lb.! Since they have strap-handles and large capacity, they are very useful in the fall in this heavily treed neighbourhood - a couple of the neighbours requested them :-) These bags are too big for practical use with small amount of garden waste, but my point is that looking in unconventional sources may turn up something useful....

• lilsprout
    9 years ago

I spoke with my sister and unfortunately she doesn't know what dept theyre in either....Her coworker picked them up for her.

Here it is...

• lilsprout
    9 years ago

Don't know why it posted that way?

Here is another to give you an idea of the size. I use mine for planting, picking up sticks etc....

• a2zmom_Z6_NJ
    9 years ago

I think this might be it:

Ikea bag

(I just did a search on storage bag on their site)

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    9 years ago

I have a couple of Ikea bags as well (actually just started using one this past weekend!).

I had two of these great, green, tarp-like, round bags with handles, with just a bit of wire around the bottom and top to give it a bit of shape. I've had them for about ten years, although I lost one about four years ago (how the heck does one lose something like this?!). I kept seeing these "tip bags" I think they were called, advertised for some outrageous price like $25 a pop. Walked into Sears hardware one day and saw my green bags for $5 a piece, and they were bigger to boot. Haven't seen them there since, and wish to God I had bought more. So now my last one is on it's last legs, and my co-worker says, oh, you should try an Ikea bag. So she picked me up a couple and I will be trying them out. I don't like them as much as my green tarp bags, (I don't think they are as sturdy) but the price is sure right!

Dee

• gyr_falcon
    9 years ago

A bag??? I put trimmings in a 32 gal rolling trash can....to transfer them into the 90 gal green waste recycle bin. And we even have a second 90 gal bin for the heavy weeks once or twice/month during the more active growing season (March-November).

...and our yard is Maybe if I borrowed one of wooyoak's bags... lol

• Freda
    9 years ago

We have a couple of those bags, only they are green in colour. I think we got them at Canadian Tire when they had a clearance sale at the store.