Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
junco1102

My garden in June (pics)

junco1102
11 years ago

We built the pond ten years ago when we moved in, and the gardens have grown up around it.

Thanks for looking.

{{gwi:245120}}

{{gwi:245122}}

{{gwi:245124}}

{{gwi:245127}}

{{gwi:245129}}

{{gwi:245132}}

Comments (9)

• junco1102
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh, and this is what it looked like in the building process.

{{gwi:245135}}

{{gwi:245137}}

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    11 years ago

Wowzer. That is so impressive- all the work you guys put into creating your pond and garden has really paid off. It is a true sanctuary.

What is the coreopsis in the last pic in your first post by the way? Full Moon maybe?
    Love it all. Thanks for sharing ;-)
    CMK

• sandyslopes z5 n. UT
    11 years ago

Beautiful! That's a nice sized pond you have there. Everything growing up around it makes it look like it's always been there. So seeing the before pics really shows how much you did to make it look so natural. Are ponds hard to keep up?

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    11 years ago

You've done a LOT of work. I love looking at the before and after photos. I imagine it gives you a lot of satisfaction. Very pretty. Love that angel too.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Absolutely stunning! Great job from start to present, inspirational. The 2nd pic, beautiful pink daylily! LOOKS like it smells good. Is your yard completely grass-less? If so, did you need to install a border around the fenceline to keep the neighbors' grass from encroaching?

• junco1102
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your kind comments.

christinmk, Yes, the coreopsis is Full Moon. It was new to me last year and I just love it (as do the bunnies). I got several more this spring for a new garden area and the bunnies ate them right down to the ground within hours after they were planted.

purpleinopp, The pink daylily is Spiritual Corridor. When I first started the garden, I didn't know a lot about perennials. I had recently discovered daylilies and found they would grow in our clay soil when other things would not, so I have quite a few of them. I love the blooms, but really don't care for the foliage. This year in particular the foliage doesn't look very good and I have decided that after they finish blooming I am going to dig up my least favorites and replace with . . . don't know what yet.

We still have a lot of lawn left in our yard, which I am gradually tilling up to create new garden areas. In fact, last fall I started a new border garden along the fence line from our house back to the pond area (almost 200 feet). Grass from neighboring yards is a bit of a problem, especially in the chain link fencing, but I just keep pulling it by hand as it encroaches into my garden areas.

sandyslopes, I won't say the pond is easy to take care of, because it is my husband's baby and I primarily just sit and enjoy it. But, when he had both of his knees replaced a couple of years ago, I tended it by myself, with his direction, and managed okay. We cover it with netting in the fall in an attempt to keep leaves out of it, but other than that, as long as the filtration system keeps working, it operates on its own.

I enjoyed sharing. Thanks again for your kind comments.

• jodikay
    11 years ago

Be still my beating heart! OMG! I hope my garden grows up to look this good. Thanks so much for sharing.

Jodi

• proudgrma
    11 years ago

Your gardens are stunning. Absolutely beautiful!

• remy_gw
    11 years ago

Great before and after pics! I love it!
    Remy

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area