Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lipstick (or is it Paris)? Either way, great flowers

Posted by rouge21 5b (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 9:18

I know we all say we like foliage for those shady location but it is nice to have both. This heuchera has had these reblooming dark pink flowers since spring. It is a great heuchera for on going flowering. This plant gets no direct sun and lots of shade.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lipstick (or is it Paris)? Either way, great flowers

Those are nice flowers - and so very missing on the majority of the new hybrids. The leaves are OK, but I would probably grow this one for the flowers alone.

Kevin

o

Beautiful flowers! Does it attract humming birds?

o

'fran', I have so many different plants in our garden but I am disappointed to say that I don't ever recall seeing any hummingbird feeding on our perennials :(.

o

Heuchera 'Rave On' is a little darker, more robust in my experience, and also blooms for a long time with similar flowers.

o

Wow! I love it. I want something just like that to replace my 'Venus' heuchera with it's weed-like flowers. Thanks for sharing Rouge! (and for expanding on it, Boday.)

o

I have both 'Paris' and 'Rave On', in one flower bed. It was going to be concentric gradations of color, ending in Obsidian in the center. Hah! Insert reality check here, mumble mumble.

Each spring some weaker member is gone into the Great Beyond and there is a mad scramble to fill in the hole. Now it's more freeform

"Man proposes...

o

UPDATE

I do like heuchera "Havana". It stands out well in deeper shade with its very light green leaves and the many pink flower stalks last for weeks and weeks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here