Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am impressed with Tuff Stuff

Posted by rouge21 4 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 9:18

In my zone "TS" has come into bloom sooner than any of my several other hydrangeas. And with the most recent very demanding winter all these blooms have happened quickly on new wood. I have it in full sun and this serrata is advertised as a rebloomer which is small in stature.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tuff Stuff Mountain Hydrangea

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am impressed with Tuff Stuff

I've got Tiny Tuff Stuff - planted last year. It's blooming now. The plant is supposed to get 18-24" tall but mine is less than 12" at this point and lost in the midst of peonies and other perennials! I need to move it next spring. I didn't realize there was a big version too. Gotta get that one.... :-)

....edited to show the Tiny version - you need this little buddy for your big guy, Rouge :-)
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

This post was edited by woodyoak on Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 12:02

o

That's crazy 'woody'. I thought mine was small...I didn't realize there was a miniature version!

o

Who chooses these names? I thought the thread was going to be about a cleaning product.

o

Ooh, rouge, very pretty! I've got a burgeoning hydrangea addiction that I'm trying to keep in check, but I might have to get this one.

Woody, that has got to be the tiniest hydrangea I've ever seen!

Dee

o

UPDATE

Here it is as of today. Lots of blooms and the perfect size thus far.

o

Rouge - a local nursery is looking to bring that in for me, and another Tiny Tuff Stuff too if they can find a source for them. My Tiny one is now that dark pink too - love it! I've got a 'hole' saved for the big one.... Thank you for showing us this one.

o

I wish we had a 'Like' button here. I would click it both for rouge's hydrangea and for floral's comment!

o

Ooooooooh! I definitely have to put this one on my list! Gorgeous!

Dee

o

Yet another plant added to my need to get next year. At this rate, I'd better start ripping out more lawn now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here