Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shasta Daisy "Becky": Suggested Comanion

Posted by jmcbackyarddigger z6b So IL (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 16, 14 at 9:48

I am so impressed with the Shasta Daisy "Becky". I bought it because it was awarded a "Perennial of the Year" honor. And it has not disappointed.

It's time to divide. So this fall, I'm going to 'spread it around' in a few sunny spots in my yard.

What perennial(s) do you think would go well with this plant? I prefer perennials, but suggestions on certain annuals are also welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shasta Daisy "Becky": Suggested Comanion

My 'Becky' has been divided many, many times. She is almost too aggressive. However, I do really like how she pairs with various daylilies - in this photo, 'Scarlet Pansy' is in the foreground, 'Hyperion' behind Becky, and I believe 'Grecian Gown' to the left.

o

They look good with purple and blue. Salvia and Veronica look awesome with them too.

o

They also make good companion plants with liatris/gayfeather, stokesia & rose campion. The first two fall into the blue/purple spectrum; the rose campion has silvery foliage and deep, cranberry red flowers.

o

'lucky', I love that "Scarlet Pansy" lily with "Becky"...gorgeous.

o

Here is one of my "Beckys" with "Blue Paradise" phlox (picture taken today):

o

Rouge, that's gorgeous. My Blue Paradise is not blue at all this year.

o

I have daisies beside annual and perennial Rudbeckia. The whites and yellows are so warm and cheerful.

Martha

o

I really am trying to stop enlarging my gardens, as my advancing age is obviously slowing me down, but seeing rouge's Blue Paradise is so very, very tempting!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here