Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grinder12000

Clay Garden July 1 photos

grinder12000
11 years ago

This is my Clay Garden which is hard sun baked clay. Total rainfall in June was 0.50 inches with zero watering. I do think that get some mist at night from the golf course watering. Not like the Butterfly Garden that get's it every night.

{{gwi:247732}}

Had some problems with the red daylilies. First year I have ever had problems. The big yellow ones right next to them are fine.

Butterfly garden is in the back. You can see the golf course watering area.

{{gwi:247734}}

What surprised me are the Shasta Daisy's. WHAT?? They have never grown THAT big before. They are over a foot taller this year.

{{gwi:247736}}

This are Moonbeam Coreposis in the middle. The Catmint and Speedwell came in about a month early this year which really blew the timing of the garden. The other flowers are about 2 weeks early. My Butterfly Garden (with the good dirt) is only about a week ahead so the later summer plants seem to be about on time. (I have abloom time spread sheet - was a tip in Garden Gate a few months ago).

{{gwi:247738}}

I need to have a cloudy day for better photos that don't blow out the white daisies . . . before the Japanese Beetles eat them :-(

I should post some shots of our rock wall, it's done now but this was a great year.

Comments (7)