Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echinacea 'Fragrant Angel' - Smell Anything?

Posted by echinaceamaniac 7 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 6, 10 at 11:39

fragrant_angel0001

I have Echinacea 'Fragrant Angel' and I cannot detect any scent at all. Do you detect a fragrance in your plants?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echinacea 'Fragrant Angel' - Smell Anything?

I just planted some this year but no blooms yet. I've smelled fragrance on some at the nursery every time I've given them the sniff test. I'll let you know when one of my buds open. I bought mine from High Country Garden. Yours are VERY pretty! I love the big flat cone and the thick line of petals.

o

That is gorgeous! You probably know this, but many plants are only fragrant at certain times of the day or evening or under certain conditions (humidity being a factor). Sometimes it can also take a few days before the fragrance develops.

Kevin

o

Thanks. I'll keep checking every day until I smell something. I really like the looks of the blooms on these!

o

I have not detected any fragrance at any time of the day.I think it was a bluff. Besides, it died very quickly. I can't see anybody selling it anymore here. Not very hardy here in Denmark, no will to live.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here