Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flowers in Spring AND Fall

Posted by steve1young 7A (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 11, 13 at 14:42

Hey All, I'm compiling a list of plants that flower in Spring AND Fall and I was wondering if you could please help me add some items. This is what I have so far:

Iberis sempervirens 'Autumn Beauty' (Perennial Candytuft)
Encore Azaleas

Thanks much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flowers in Spring AND Fall

delete post

This post was edited by GreatPlains1 on Wed, Sep 4, 13 at 5:16

o

i took him to mean rebloomers...

ken

o

Daphne x transatlantica 'Summer Ice' has variegated leaves and small clusters of blooms from mid-April most years in my garden through several frosts until we have a good freeze. So it blooms spring and fall, but has flowers all the time in between as well.

Some of the type 2 pruning clematis will bloom in spring, and then if cut back will bloom again in September.

Many roses will either bloom with many flushes or will bloom spring and fall when the weather is cooler, like Zephrine Drouin. (There are also many that bloom spring only.)

o

All great ones. Thanks!

Incidentally, I'm compiling the list of ideas for people I know who vacation away from home the entire summer (late June thru late August).

Lucky them, huh?

o

There are some reblooming irises, although I don't know exactly when they rebloom. I have a NOID dwarf purple that actually has rebloomed in November for me. It was sold as Royal Knight but I think it was mislabeled. Anyway, not sure if in general reblooming irises rebloom in fall or just later in summer.

Maybe they should concentrate on planting spring-bloomers and fall-bloomers?

Wow, they are lucky. Although I would miss my garden being away that long, lol - perhaps the ideal situation would be to have the whole summer off, but be able to spend a lot of it at home in the garden!

Dee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here