Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What ever happened to achillea filipendulina yarrow?

Posted by digginginthedirt z6 Lanc. PA (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 1, 14 at 16:25

About 23 years ago I planted seeds for this yarrow gold plate. It reaches 4-5 feet and has a large gold head. I transplanted it at the wrong time, and didn't take care of it, so I lost it. I've been looking for a replacement plant or seeds, and can't seem to find it anywhere.

The yellow yarrow that I find only grows 2-3 feet tall, has weaker stems, and the head is much smaller than the gold plate.

Does anyone have any information on this? Why is it so hard to find?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What ever happened to achillea filipendulina yarrow?

It's all in my lawn!!!!

Ughh jk

I'm not sure what color it is, as it just gets mowed down. The previous owner just let it go....and boy did it go.

You can probably understand why I detest this plant and wonder why anyone would want this weed!!! (Lol)

o

I don't know about a seed source, but I've ordered the plant from Lazy S's Farm. Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lazy S Achillea

o

lilsprout - the Yarrow in your lawn will almost certainly be the grubby white wild Achillea millefolium rather than A filipendula or the garden cultivars of A millefolium.

o

Thanks for the link, fig. I might have to resort to buying it online.

o

Floral it just may be who knows. There were signs of an old bed that it looks to have originated from.

I just know anytime I see yarrow I cringe.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here