Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pic of my perennial bed

Posted by nirenjoshi 7b (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 17:11

This is a picture of my perennial bed. The red flowers towards the left are Raspberry Rose hardy hibiscus. The big pink flowers in the middle are Summer Storm hibiscus. There is baby joe pye weed and musa siam ruby on the right, muskogee crape myrtle and Early Joe Pye Weed, a few cannas, a few coreopsis, coneflowers, balloon flowers, a couple of roses and daylillies tucked in between. And the green banana is a musa basjoo. It is all a big jungle with no mulch and my vegetables grow behind this jungle in a wired area to keep the deer away.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo Link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pic of my perennial bed

What a beautiful garden!!

o

• Posted by mxk3 z5b/6 MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 22:15

Nice! Love the color of the Raspberry Rose hibiscus - so bright and eye-catching!

o

What a sight for aging eyes! Things show off from a distance.
I have several of your choices but I'm Z 5 which is a little different.

o

Very pretty! I'd love to see it a bit more close up.

o

Looks wonderful!

o

Lovely! Nice use of scale with the larger plants.

o

Great, You definitely have the big stuff in that border. You need a person in the photo for scale.

o

Here are some close up photos
Arundo donax peppermint

o

Pow wow white Echinacea

o

Coleus against canna foliage

o

Musa siam ruby

o

Red flowers against a plant with variegated foliage--one of my favorite combinations! I snagged that combo idea from Disneyland many years ago. There are a lot on interesting visuals going on in your bed.

o

Hibiscus mahogany splendor and joe pye weed

o

Yvonne salvia

o

More mix and match

o

What a cool mix of plants, I like how the tropicals are mixed in with perennials. I bet this bed only gets better until frost!
Red and purple is one of my favorite combos and I can't resist a variegated plant, so I really like your mix.

o

Really great variety of colors and textures! You grow so many tall plants and must have great soil and sun.

Molie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here