Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jodikay_gw

2 pics from a garden tour today

jodikay
11 years ago

I went on 2 tours this weekend. And kudos to the homeowners who let us come during such hot and humid weather. It is always fun to see how other gardeners garden.

On saturday my hubby and I went to Northfield MN where the tour was mostly natives and rain gardens. I have 2 native gardens and had not seen another native garden in person so this was quite a treat. While I live in the country, I do think there is a place for a rain garden and my hubby seems to like the ideas as well.

Today, it was in my neck of the woods, north branch down to forest lake. I saw my first daylily garden and that was cool as I am trying to include a few more of them in my garden. Rain gardens were also on the tour. The downside is that so many of the homes I went to have quite a bit of shade. Something I don't have. However, i found inspiration and managed to take over 80 pictures. LOL. My hubby doesn't get it but then again, I don't get him all the time either!

The one thing a garden tour does for me, is remind me that my garden is no better or no worse them anyone else. Its all in the eye of the beholder, and really, why am I so critical of myself? I spotted weeds in gardens, bare spots, and tired plants. No different than my own.

Jodi

I went on 2 tours this weekend. And kudos to the homeowners who let us come during such hot and humid weather. It is always fun to see how other gardeners garden.

On saturday my hubby and I went to Northfield MN where the tour was mostly natives and rain gardens. I have 2 native gardens and had not seen another native garden in person so this was quite a treat. While I live in the country, I do think there is a place for a rain garden and my hubby seems to like the ideas as well.

Today, it was in my neck of the woods, north branch down to forest lake. I saw my first daylily garden and that was cool as I am trying to include a few more of them in my garden. Rain gardens were also on the tour. The downside is that so many of the homes I went to have quite a bit of shade. Something I don't have. However, i found inspiration and managed to take over 80 pictures. LOL. My hubby doesn't get it but then again, I don't get him all the time either!

The one thing a garden tour does for me, is remind me that my garden is no better or no worse them anyone else. Its all in the eye of the beholder, and really, why am I so critical of myself? I spotted weeds in gardens, bare spots, and tired plants. Some were lush, some more open, some long and narrow, some more roundish. No different than my own.

Jodi

{{gwi:254488}}

{{gwi:254489}}

I couldn't resist taking his picture. It will be a please to look back on this winter!

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz