I love my coleus plants and want to see what everyone else has too

DIFFERENT COLEUS 1

Photobucket

Coleus 1

more soon...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Coleus Pics 2012

I love Coleus, too, thanks for sharing these pretty pics! Unfortunately, so few people live where there is no frost and cold so Coleus is used as an annual by most. You might get more bang for your buck by discussing Coleus on the annuals forum.

Does your plant in the bottom pic ever make some pink in the middle of the red part, right on the vein? It looks a lot like one I have that does, and this year the leaves are really big!

o

Beautiful, both of you. Nightnurse, do yours stay evergreen in winter in your Caribbean location? What huge leaves! Purpleinopp, do you have any tips for overwintering a cutting as a little houseplant? I tried last winter and failed. Any luck in using something like a 2L coke bottle with the top cut off and made into a dome, holes punched in the bottom of the coke bottle, and placed on pebbles with water? Thanks, River

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 22:38

I really like coleus for shady spots too! Here's some of mine.

Persian Shield, a relative of Coleus

o

Here are mine in part sun.

o

river_crossroads, I gave up trying to winter potted Coleus also. I save all of the branches as cuttings in water.

o

Coleus 'Fishnet Stockings'

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

o

Purpleinopp, thanks so much. I will try stems in water this winter. I love how coleus can take the high temps if it gets enough shade. Beautiful pictures, everyone, thanks for sharing.

o

This year is the first that I'm going to try to overwinter my coleus. I only have three types (this year) but next year, especially if I can overwinter some, I'm going to try to get some other varieties. (or maybe I'll buy some seeds of the harder to find varieties)

o

Coleus Caladium, New-G Impatient

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

the ones in the first pic grow huge in full sunlight,and they stay the same all year round except loose some color depending on light

o

These are not growing in the grass, I just "mulched" the beds with grass a few days ago.

o

Nightnurse, your pics don't show up for me, would love to have seen them as I love Coleus, everyone else your Coleus are lovely.
Remy, your Persian Shield has me drooling, I've been looking for this plant for a looooong time. I found one place that had it LAST year but couldn't get it this year, isn't that always the way sigh.... I can't even find a place to buy seed :(.

Annette

o

Persian shield is usually grown from cuttings, AFAIK. Once you find it, it's not hard to keep. Keep looking!!

(Shown with Perilla 'Magilla' and a Kong Coleus behind.)

o

Love it with sweet potato vine, too.

o

Here are some others I have

Image008-mix

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here