Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Garden

Posted by vjrnts zone 6, NY (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 8:01

Hi! I probably should post this in the "Gallery," but that doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic. If this is misplaced here, just let me know, and I'll move it.

I just wanted to show off my garden a little. It's a very shady spot, and when I moved to this house there were ferns and hostas that were very well established, but I've had a devil of a time getting other things to take hold. Finally, after a thorough pruning of the trees (oh, they needed it!) I think I've got more or less what I want. Back behind the hummingbird feeder is a hydrangea that was winter-killed back to the crown and so is not blooming this year, turtle-heads that are just about to bloom, and lots of sedum.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Garden

Very nice ...

o

no one looks at the gallery .. and frankly.. i have no clue what its function is ...

thx for sharing ... any more pix???

ken

o

Ken, on the waxing philosophical...does it need a clear function?
It can be all things to all creatures, nectar station for wildlife...wildlife cover...place of relaxation for humans, etc.

Just being...may be enough.

o

Sure! Two kinds of bee balm, some kind of hyssop (not anise, but I don't remember which) and cone flowers, with Joe Pye Weed about to bloom. (Gotta be vigilant with the Joe Pye Weed.) Speedwell just managing to poke a spike up into the bottom of the picture. Phlox in the back.

o

dbarron - I'm pretty sure Ken was referring to the Gallery having no definable purpose, not your garden;-)

o

Very nice! I'm sure you get a lot of butterflies and hummers visiting.

Do you find Joe Pye spreads a lot where you live? Is that why you have to be vigilant? Mine doesn't spread super fast, but bulks up slowly. Now it is a 6' wide monster, lol.
CMK

o

Your garden is lovely. Looks very healthy and well tended. Thanks for sharing it with us. Lesley

o

• Posted by dbarron Z6/7 (Oklahoma) (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 12:37

Floral_uk, you are correct....wow, I misread that as Ken attacking the design of the garden.

My apologies Ken :( Was too early in the morning to post I guess.

o

Beautiful garden!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here