Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone growing Echinacea 'Mama Mia' ?

Posted by aftermidnight Z8 V. Island B.C. (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 6, 11 at 12:06

I just ordered 'Mama Mia', what are your thoughts on this one? I've only seen pictures but it looks pretty. Echinaceas have become another addiction of mine but my collection is always changing, having a small garden I have to be selective :(.

Bought 'Pow Wow Wild Berry' this spring so far I'm loving it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone growing Echinacea 'Mama Mia' ?

I'm not buying any of the new Echinacea plants this year. I'm holding out for the Cheyenne Spirit seed variety. The pictures are amazing. Seed grown plants are so tough too. They also created the Pow Wow seeds so it looks good! I can't wait to get those seeds this fall!

I can't wait to see your photos of it though!

o

i came across a small garden store selling them. The flowers looked great... nice two tone... but many only had the single stem coming out of the grown with the all the branches come from that single stem. These types don't make it through the winter here. I did see a few with okay basal branching.. so i might try and get one on sale in the fall.

o

I have about a hundred plants of the 'Cheyenne Spirit' with buds. Will post pics if they are any good.

o

Where can I get those seeds? I have the perfect place for those plants. LOL!

o

They were only distributing 100 seeds to the industry this spring to trial.

o

I can't wait to see your photos. I'll be ordering seeds this fall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here