Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you guess what this WHITE flowered bush might be?

Posted by brer Zone 7 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 15:02

I'm hoping I don't have to post a photo, because I'm a little busy and too lazy.
I'm just hoping someone knows what this flower might be.
It's a shrub, growing out from the lake. The flowers are about 1/2 inch across, white, five petals and in clusters. They look sort of like cherry blossoms, but are in full bloom right now. Just thick with hanging clusters. The bees are buzzing all over them.

Anyone make a guess as to what they can be? If you give me a clue, I can google it.

thanks so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you guess what this WHITE flowered bush might be?

Maybe Exochorda? It's also called the Pearl Bush. Its flowers grow in clusters, bees love it, and it likes moist soil, which would make it ideal for growing out by the lake, but....it could also be Physocarpus, which is native to most of North America. There are various colors, but I believe the wild ones may be white. It's also called Ninebark. The more I think about it, I think it would be more likely to be Ninebark. Hope this helps :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Ninebark

o

Maybe abelia.

o

My ninebark/Physocarpus is well past bloom now.

o

• Posted by brer Zone 7 (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 22:02

No, the clusters are long and cone shaped, not like the ninebark, and the Exochorda is not it either. Thank you so much. I will try to get a photo tomorrow and post it.
I appreciate your try though.

:)

o

It almost sounds like oakleaf hydrangea, but that's got four 'petals' per bloom.

o

Hydrangea? Like PeeGee?

o

I could make some guesses, I suppose (out of the many, many possibilities) but, you know, I am just too lazy and busy to be bothered.

o

Lol...agree Campanula.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here