Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rouge21_gw

viewed the wonderful gardens of woodyoak

It felt a little like Christmas Eve last night as there was the anticipation of getting to see woodyoak's gardens today.

I know we have seen many posted pictures from 'woody' and they really do give a good sense of her property. But having 'woody' lead me around and down each wonderful path, pointing out each and every plant, of course cannot be replicated with any online postings.

I am stating the obvious when I say that 'woody' loves her garden. She is knowledgeable about the plant materials in her possession, can explain clearly the chronology of the development of the gardens and has percolating ideas as to future plans.

Thanks again for letting me view your property woodyoak...lucky me.

This post was edited by rouge21 on Tue, Aug 20, 13 at 16:42

Comments (17)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 years ago

what.????

no pix???

ken

• karin_mt
    10 years ago

{{gwi:263312}}

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    10 years ago

OH, you lucky duck rouge21!! And lucky woody to have a garden visitor from the forums! and Karin....LOL that is very cute and SO true!

• rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am embarrassed to say that due to "technical issues" I was only able to take a few pictures. I do apologize.

{{gwi:263313}}

{{gwi:263314}}

{{gwi:263315}}

{{gwi:263316}}

(Cripes, I have yet to ask 'woody's' permission in posting these few shots. I hope this is okay ;))

• woodyoak zone 5 southern Ont., Canada
    10 years ago

Of course you can post the pictures rouge! And pm2 is right - it's always a pleasure to have a visit from a knowledgeable gardener from here (especially one bearing gifts of wonderful plants! :-) They will be popped into the big driveway pots until we get some rain and it's safe to plant in the ground again...)

I think we might have had a mix-up when you left.... I saw Randy giving you directions; when I asked him about it later, he said he told you how to get the the lake - but he directed you to the park and I suspect you wanted to walk the garden path by the townhouses...? You can get there from the park but it's a more complicated route. From here through the park, past the townhouses, to the lighthouse at the end of the marina pier is about 3.5km. - a regular walk along the lake for Randy but not a casual garden stroll on a hot afternoon! Next time maybe....

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    10 years ago

I AM SO JEALOUS!!! You lucky duck! Must have been such an interesting and beautiful stroll. Woodyoak, your garden is one that I would so enjoy experiencing in person. What are you......3500 miles away?......hmmm........might be a good road trip some day!

10 years ago

thyme - NH is not so far away! Some of the Idylls from NH have been here. Let me know if you decide to make a trip north one of these days... lots to see and do in Toronto and we're not too far from there.

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    10 years ago

Sounds like a great day! :0)

• Marie Tulin
    10 years ago

Hey, Susan and Barb: that's a good trip after we go to MOBOT, Detroit Garden Works and Chicago!!
    I love, love love the hibiscus and echs. Joyful, Joyful we adore it!

10 years ago

idabean - I was curious and Googled....some neat-looking stuff at that Detroit Garden Works! You're about 4 hours away when you head to Detroit....

• karin_mt
    10 years ago

How fun you guys. I just love the idea of GW-inspired garden visits. I can imagine a national tour in a biodiesel-powered VW bus or something. Some sort of hippy garden tour, with the bus brimming with cuttings from everyone's gardens. :)

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    10 years ago

That is quite an image, Karin. The bus would have to be green and everyone in a garden hat with a pair of garden gloves in their back pocket and clogs on their feet. :-)

Okay, this flower covered bus....

This post was edited by prairiemoon2 on Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 16:23

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    10 years ago

delete an extra

This post was edited by prairiemoon2 on Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 16:25

• karin_mt
    10 years ago

Yes, LOL! Especially if those are dahlias in the second one. Perfect!

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    10 years ago

Even if they aren't dahlias, we could pretend. :-)

This post was edited by prairiemoon2 on Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 16:22

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    10 years ago

Woody!! For some reason I thought you were all the way out in PNW? Toronto? Heck, that's a hop, skip and a jump!
    Marie, that could be another stop for our trip. Maybe we should skip going south to Mobot and head north to Woody's instead. Hmmmmm.....now the wheels (on the flowered bus) are really turning!

Karin, don't think I won't be on your doorstep someday too!!

• Marie Tulin
    10 years ago

How about we start a new thread about "Your fantasy garden tour", and people can not only talk about tour content, but your fantasy garden outfits, must bring items, tips for sneaking cuttings out of the tour garden, how to compliment and insult the hosts, and how to pack plant pots purchased efficiently for the ride home....oh yes, just who would you hate to have as a seat mate!
    don't answer here....that would be adding a hijack to my hijack.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner