Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
netcub_gw

Sedum Raspberry Truffle

netcub
10 years ago

Found This Today at Lowes for $8... Looks Good with my Autumn Charm...

Comments (9)

• linlily
    10 years ago

What a beautiful color! You are going to enjoy that plant.

Linda

PS Love your Autumn Charm too.

• netcub
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Linda.... I do love the autumn charm as well... Have you seen Sedum Neon? The foliage is pretty plain but the flower color is awesome...

• jadeite
    10 years ago

netcub - do you have Neon in flower? Mine is just starting to show color.

Cheryl

• linlily
    10 years ago

I do grow Neon and it is one of my favorites. The color and plant habit are so nice. I've added a few more of the tall sedums in the last two years - Pink Chablis, Chocolate Drop, and Jaws are blooming for the first time right now. I picked up Stardust just this year in a trade and look forward to seeing it next year.

But the color of your Raspberry Truffle is just plain outstanding. I may have to spring for one of those. So glad you posted that picture to share with all of us!

Linda

• netcub
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cheryl. My Neon is just starting to bloom.... Its sort of in a half shade/half sun spot... I've got 3 more in full sun, and they haven't bloomed yet... I love the Chocolate Drop! When I was searching for Jaws, I found Sedum 'Shepherd's Joy' which looks really nice!

Linda, I think Ill go back and pick up another Raspberry Truffle tomorrow... I only buy plants in 1's or 3's so I might need 2 more! ;)

Ill post another photo tomorrow...

• echinaceamaniac
    10 years ago

All you have to do is break two stalks off and stick them in the ground. They will root in a matter of days.

• gazania_gw
    10 years ago

I need to get out more. Love that raspberry truffle, and am seeing mention on the forum of other sedums that I knew nothing about.

I do have Neon." Pretty in pink" for sure. Not as strong a grower as some sedums, but I do like her. Here she is from last year. It is the best pic I could find.

• netcub
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Looks Nice!

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    10 years ago

LOL, gazania! I will go with you when you go out because obviously I need to get out more as well! Same here - reading about a lot of sedums I never heard of just in this thread alone. I tend to have more groundcover sedums, but may look into these taller varieties as I am going to be planning a "drier" bed for my irises.

Thanks, netcub, for posting this. Boy, bet this would look great next to some kind of chartreuse-ey plant....

Dee