Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem with Phlox/Creeping Myrtle

Posted by wallyworldlady NC (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 5, 11 at 20:59

We are having a problem with our Creeping Myrtle...or as we call it "thrift" We have this grass type weed that is taking over the flower bed. We are not sure what if anything we can spray in the area so to not kill off the flowers that we have. I have pictures but I am unsure how to load them on this site.

Please help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem with Phlox/Creeping Myrtle

There are places in every garden where it is impossible to spray weeds. When I was growing up hoeing was the job assigned to the kids, both because it needed to be done and to give them something to do. I still remember how and have a long handled Japanese weeder that makes the job a lot easier. Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here