Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden walk... totally inspiring

Posted by david883 5/6 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 21:41

A friend invited us on a garden walk this past weekend. What an inspiration! This summer I've been dragging my feet a little bit - I think that long winter made me complacent once I got over the initial cabin fever - but this walk has really reinvigorated me. I saw a few really interesting plants and got a few ideas for some areas. Just had to share this! I've now got to get my hands on Eupatorium rugosum Chocolate and state fair zinnias!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden walk... totally inspiring

• Posted by mxk3 z5b/6 MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 12:23

What a nice pergola! I like the shot of yellow against the white house, too. :0)

o

Very nice. Thank you for sharing.
Be careful with Eupatorium 'Chocolate'. It reseeds and most of its babies are just like any green weedy Eupatorium with white flowers that you see in the wild. Once they take hold, it is very difficult to remove them. There is one good thing about Eupatorium: it blooms when most perennials have faded for the season.

o

Great picture .

How do they keep the grass edge from growing into the raised edgers? I have an edge I did with raised edgers and figured is just stay on tip of the grass...but three years later the grass is winning and creeping into the garden. Redoing that area is on my to do list.

o

I tried eupatorium Chocolata several years ago and it winter killed so haven't invested in another. The garden is lovely. Beautiful pergola.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here