Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
woodyoak

orange, red and red-purple - I love this combination!

This combinationhas been glowing on the south side of the driveway for a week or two now. The big orangy-red mum (it's more orange than red - the bright sun is affecting the color in the picture....) was a smallish one (like the red one you can see in the picture) that we planted in one of the big driveway pots last fall. When we took the pots out of the garage in the spring, this one was growing strongly already so we left it in the pot - I had no idea which color it would be until it bloomed, since we had planted yellow, orange, and red ones in the pots last fall. The hibiscus is the Midnight Marvel one I bought a while ago after the posts about it here. I stuck it in one of the pots until conditions are better for planting it in the ground. I think they all look fabulous together so will have to try to repeat the combination in the ground - I need to find one of those Mammoth mums in the orange color! If this mum survives another winter in the garage, I'll try to plant a piece of it in the garden in the spring to see how it does, but I really want one of those hardy Mammoth ones!
{{gwi:213951}}

Comments (3)