Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
name of this plant ... it bends!

Posted by vieja z7NM (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 12, 11 at 15:51

I have a perennial flowering plant that has narrow 2 inch flowering tops/stems with pinkish small flowers along the stem. I can't remember the name but I do remember that it is often described that one can bend the flowering top of the stem & it will stay the wayit was bent. It is just now through flowering & setting seeds on the stem/top ... any one remember the name? I have it growing along with the Shasta daisies & the leaves are somewhat similar. The name just escapes me!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: name of this plant ... it bends!

Obedient Plant, Physostegia virginiana

o

so it is!! Have had it for years along with the shasta daisies in a flower bed.. Thanks so much harleylady!

o

Glad to help. I'm not growing it now but I enjoyed it in my previous garden.

o

I always wondered why it was called that. Cool.

o

What would I do without the Garden Web & great helpful members?!

-Vieja

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here