Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cheerful fall anemones (pics)

Posted by mantis__oh z6 OH (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 22, 11 at 22:54

Yes, they may be invasive, but isn't it wonderful to see the familiar anemone faces--so bright and cheerful.

The pink is Bressingham Glow; the white, Honorine Jobert.

The cabbage butterflies love aster Purple Dome.

And this is a Viceroy, is it not. On a buddleia, logically.

This beauty is on verbena bonariensis (lives over the winter here sometimes and rampantly self-sows).

Unfortunately, its wing was injured. Many of the butterflies I find with damaged wings.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cheerful fall anemones (pics)

Fantastic!! Love your butterflies and I really like the Bressingham Anemone- what a bright color !

o

Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing and for identifying a mystery volunteer growing in one of my beds. It's verbena bonariensis and I will watch it closely. I've heard it can be a thug. If I'm not mistaken the BF is a great spangled fritillary.

o

The anemones in my folks' yard have never been terribly invasive -- and the De Caens have be extremely hard to keep alive. (Pity. I really like the range of colors they come in.)

o
aster purple dome

Aster Purple Dome is wonderful this year. In many years, it gets brown and ratty foliage from ground to mid-plant. This year, with ample rainfall, it is quite healthy looking.

o

• Posted by mxk3 z5b/6 MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 13:48

I *love* Japanese anemones! I have "Honorine Jobert" and "Pamina".

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here