Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
As good as Midnight Marvel but white?

Posted by rouge21 4 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 8:44

For sure this season on GW lots has been posted about this amazing hibiscus. is there a similarly extra special hardy hibiscus having large (mostly) white flowers? Recommendations please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: As good as Midnight Marvel but white?

I don't think one exists that is as good, but 'Crown Jewels' probably comes closest.

o

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have read also that "Blue River II" is quite an impressive white flowering hardy hibiscus.

o

I purchased Blue River last year from Lowes in September. I planted and mulched it and kept it watered until fall. This year it has doubled in size and has been blooming big white flowers for several months.

o

Thanks for your experience valtorrez. I take it that yours really is BR and not BR II?

This post was edited by rouge21 on Sun, Oct 6, 13 at 11:40

o

UPDATE:

I planted a smaller specimen (BR II) earlier this summer. And yesterday it gave its first impressive flower (7" across); with many buds still showing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here