Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is the name of that plant please?

Posted by AquaOcean none (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 24, 13 at 9:37

I hope you can help me! Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is the name of that plant please?

Others here will know more than I do, but it looks like a type of zinnia to me.

o

sure does..

and zenman is the king ...

but they are annuals in most places ..... i wonder if he drops in here???

ken

o

Yes, some kind of zinnia - and what a beautiful range of colors!

Dee

o

Wish we had a better idea of the size of the zinnias.....size of the flowers and height of the plant. But absolutely zinnias, which are annuals everywhere.

I'm thinking that these might be one of the Profusion series.

o

rhizo, I was thinking the same thing, that they were Profusion. They look smaller than the tall zinnias I usually grow (Benary's Giants, etc.) After this photo I may have to rethink growing these smaller ones - they'd look awfully nice edging my red/orange/yellow bed!

Dee

o

Look like profusion to me, too. I grew them this year and loved that they don't need dead heading, and they were more resistant to the various foliage diseases than the taller ones I've grown.

Martha

o

Check out the new Zinnias at Swallowtail Garden Seeds. I ordered some of the Zahara and Aztec Sunset Zinnias. I saw them locally and had to have them. They may be annuals, but they are worth it.

o

Profusion! Love them! they grow into huge (but short) clumps and bloom nonstop all summer. And brillant color! One of the best annuals EVER!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here