Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can i repot a boston fern with miracle grow

Posted by michael1846 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 28, 13 at 15:37

can i repot my boston fern with miricle grow potting soil i need to repot before winter please reply!!!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can i repot a boston fern with miracle grow

bet you would get a very specific answer in the houseplant or fern forum ...

personally .. i would never use any media.. that already has the fert in it ...

how do they know every plant will appreciate what they put in ???

ken

o

Not all MG has fert in it, but I would agree, also worrying it might not be evenly mixed or too strong for house plants - or I'll forget and fertilize when fert'ing other plants. If all your plants are in that, the last wouldn't be a concern for you. The issues folks can have with peaty potting soil usually take more than a few months to manifest, so, worst-case-scenario, you won't like it and can change it again in the spring. Compared to having its' roots crammed/with no soil, the fern would probably pick the MG even if something else might be preferable. Ferns aren't that picky, IMHO/E. FWIW, I put a few plants in the ground last spring and they stayed evergreen, through a winter-low of 25 here. Same thing at my Mom's house a few miles away. They seem to be much more concerned about not drying out.

o

ok i did it the miracel grow is oldish so i am using organic fert like worm castings and coffee grounds they are doing awsome

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here