Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hibiscus moscheutos 'Party Favor'

Posted by garry_z7a_md (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 2, 11 at 18:19

Is anyone growing this variety? It's a new one...only out a year or two. Pink flower with dark red eye and red stems, and is supposed to have a much longer bloom period than other Hibiscus moscheutos cultivars. Wondering how it's performed for others. Also wondering how it compares to 'Lady Baltimore'.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hibiscus moscheutos 'Party Favor'

• Posted by mxk3 z5b/6 MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 3, 11 at 19:45

Is this in the same series as "Brandy Punch"? No idea what is giving me that idea, but I must have gotten that notion somewhere. Anyway, if it is, I can say I am thrilled with Brandy Punch - excellent performer. Bloomed early August into mid-September this year. Fabulous color, and I enjoy the bit of reddish tinge in the foliage (it's not *that* pronounced, but it's there). I pinch all my hibiscus multiple times through the late spring/early summery for bushier plants and heavier blooming, and this one definitely needs it - based on growth habit of mine, I can see where it would be a two-stem wonder without pinching, so that may be a drawback if you're not one to keep up with pinching.

If it's not in the same series, disregard the above...unless of course it entices you to run out and buy "Brandy Punch" :0b

o
RE: nope

• Posted by mxk3 z5b/6 MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 3, 11 at 19:51

Nope, I'm a dope - looked it up after I posted, and the two aren't in the same series. Sorry about that. Well, if you ever stumble upon Brandy Punch in your travels, just remember she's a good one :0)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here