Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Scutellaria

Posted by annette68 Australia Queensland (annettewright68@hotmail.com) on
Fri, Oct 26, 12 at 21:16

Hi there,

I am collecting scutellarias and putting as many as I can together for a collection,I have raided the seed companies and
now I would like to know is there anyone out there that has
seeds of scutellaria that they will exchange with me,I have
thus far seed and or plants of scutellaria costaricana,sp yucatan,ventenatii,formosana,columnae,tournefortii,altissima,humilis,indica var japonica.barbata,baicalensis,lateriflora
javanaca,seeds ordered of longifolia,pontica,lateriflora,leonardii,albida,alpina.I dont care if the flowers are small or not, there are a lot native
to North America that I would like to grow as well to add
to my flickr.There must be other secret scutellaria'nuts'
out there, would love scutellaria suffrutescens,racesmosa,wrightii,drummondi,californica....

These members of the lamiaceae family are flowers with
attitudes.

Posted this message in herb section as well:))))

TIA,

Annette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Scutellaria

You can get Scutellaria incana at B & T World Seeds, but it is suitable for cold climates, not sure it will thrive down under.

o

Scutellaria incana has been known to grow in New Zealand.

o

Would you posted your sources for all of the different scutellaria you've found so far?

I've just started collecting skullcaps and I'm having a hard time finding a lot of the varieties.

Thanks

KimKa

o

Jelitto seeds
Hardyplants in the US
Ebay have a few.

I have amassed quite a few thus far and wanting to add to the collection,I have never had scutellaria incana germinate here
in Australia yet had this little gem germinate and flower from
the water hole in a pot a few weeks ago, wasnt too sure what
it was but I am leaning towards it being scutellaria ovata, it is so pretty.After googling a few the foliage matched a few pics.

I have also got another unnamed scutellaria that I have never been able to id, it is labelled as scutellaria formosana on my flickr which is a synonym for scutellari
javanica which it isnt...

Cheers Annette

Here is a link that might be useful: Scutellaria ovata

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here