Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catkin_gw

How Far Has Your Rozanne Rambled From Where She Was Planted??

catkin
9 years ago

Six feet? Further?

I finally got this plant! I'm trying to figure out where to plant it!

Does she just take off on her own or do you help her along in the direction you want her to go?

Pics always appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments (11)

• laceyvail 6A, WV
    9 years ago

Rozeanne is unique in its marvelous ability to climb into neighbors and make fabulous combinations. I help mine climb into Caryopteris divaricata 'Snow Fairy'--amazing with Rozeanne's deep blue/purple flowers looking as if they are coming from that variegated plant.

She also looks impressive sprawled across a flat carpet of groundcover thymes.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

what are you guys talking about???

not the roseanne of TV fame i hope... i really wouldnt want to see her sprawling around my garden ..

ken

ps: do i need some kind of decoder ring for this post ... lol ...

• sunnyborders
    9 years ago

Personally, I don't like untidy plants or plants which are difficult to maintain for a neat overall appearance.

At the same time, Geranium 'Rozanne' is an exceptional cultivar for it's very long and prolific bloom time.

The plant below (July 15, 2014) is supported by three small stakes arranged in a triangle with twine between.

• pitimpinai
    9 years ago

Mine can grow to 4 ft. wide.

• sunnyborders
    9 years ago

Different situation: larger area to work with and garden beginning to thin out in terms of flower colour.

This (September 22, 2014) is one staked G. 'Rozanne', but am now letting it trail to fill in holes in the overall flower colourscape. A lot of it is supported by the stems of perennials which have already been cut back.

• arlene_82 (zone 6 OH)
    9 years ago

I recently planted my Rozanne about 2 feet away from a leadwort (C. plumbaginoides), and I plan to add creeping veronica 'Georgia Blue' in the spring. May the best plant win!

• whaas_5a
    9 years ago

Mine go about 5' after 3 seasons. I have them in east exposure.

I trim a couple sprawlers or reroute them. Top 5 perennial in my opinon as it blooms for so long AND the foliage looks great all season. Doesn't timeout like many other perennials as early as August.

{{gwi:248208}}

• terrene
    9 years ago

Whaas, those look amazing! So big and lush. Mine only gets about 3 feet wide, but it's in a fairly shady bed with Hosta, Dicentra, Aquilegia, Digitalis, and still blooms so well.

I love this perennial and they way it gently twines around. It's great for filling in a later season gap like you get when Dicentra goes dormant.

• gardenweed_z6a
    9 years ago

When I first planted Rozanne in a full sun bed I was displeased with how it sprawled. Later, after reading about the cultivar's growing/blooming habits I decided to stand back and see what she had to offer. These days I just enjoy seeing the lovely blooms that begin early in the season and keep going until a hard freeze with absolutely zero help from me. A care-free perennial, reliably hardy that grows to about 3 ft. wide.

• Campanula UK Z8
    9 years ago

I started growing one in a large pithoi - looked fantastic sprawling to the floor...but after a few years, they do swell to alarming proportions - at least 5feet and sometimes more - might have to chop the crown into smaller bits. My son did his last year and got 5 good plants out of it...although it is always surprising just how small the crown actually is....for such an exuberant plant.

• catkin
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yay and thanks for sharing! What awesome pictures!

I can't wait! I think I'll put some in the shade and in the sun and see what happens.

Ken, you devil. :~)