Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Santarosa Gardens

Posted by RyseRyse_2004 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 3, 13 at 16:43

They are having a pre-2014 50% off sale and it is impossible to get on their website. (oh see - I did it again.) Very frustrating but also very good for them! I think they are overwhelmed with customers and the website cannot handle them all. I am sort of sorry I told all about the sale but also I am very happy that they are doing so well. Good to see a business doing great volume in this economy. This is certainly a company that deserves it.

But --- my order is not going to go through if I can't get on the site. Sigh.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Santarosa Gardens

Hmmm, I placed a substantial order this morning and had no issues. Sorry to hear that you can"t log on.

If you didn't need credit card info, I would offer to order for you!

Lisa

o

The sale does not show up for me. Is it over?

o

Me too, emmarene. I looked yesterday morning and it only showed one plant on sale. :( Its a little late for me to be planting at this point really but that wouldn't stop me from looking lol

o

I think they were just over-whelmed with the sale. Maybe it just went out to people on the email list. Anyway, I got my order through -- 50% off with a flat fee shipping of $7.99.

Wouldn't hurt to get on their mailing list.

o

David - this was a pre-sale for 2014.

o

Try the FALL50 discount code.
Also I received free shipping for an order over $50.

o

you can always just ask them about the discount too... and they will add it. Good place to deal with

o

I'm happy to reiterate nevermore44's comment that they're a good place to deal with. I've ordered from them a number of times and have yet to be disappointed. I purchased Lenten roses from them that have tripled in size over the past 3 years and produced nearly 50 blooms this year alone.

RyseRyse_2004 - you picked a winner with SRG.

o

I didn't have any problems getting on the website the day this topic was posted, but good grief, I can't even think about ordering plants for next year yet. I need a break from the whole gardening scene!

Yes, I have some ideas about what I might want to order for next spring, but that's what winter is for - the planning, the thinking, the final decisions. I won't give any of that serious consideration until January at the earliest.

But that's just me. Hope the rest of you got some good deals.

Kevin

o

I was reluctant to order too for next year. Seems so far away!

BUT, I know I want to try a few Havana Blues Geranium, one I have never seen in a local nursery. Here even Rozanne tends to be $12-$17 although in a gallon. Also, I purchased a carex from SRG this summer which has done quite well so I am adding a couple more next year in a recently expanded area. Now I just have a few *known elements* to factor into my winter planning. :) I am trying to use sales like this to get away from the one-plant-itis I tend towards.

Plants from SRG I purchased and planted in July have all performed well.

o

When you have under $30 per month for discretionary spending and have to save that each month so you can splurge --- this 50% sale is great no matter what time of the year it is!!!!

Not complaining mind you. Very glad I have any $$ at all at the end of each month! For people in my shoes, sales like this as well as the Seed Exchange and Winter Sowing forums are just the ticket.

BTW, I am blessed with many acres to fill with these treasures.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here