Return to the Perennials Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to tell when my pointsettia is ready for pollination?

Posted by hippeastrumadmirer 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 25, 12 at 16:54

How to tell when my pointsettia is ready for pollination?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to tell when my pointsettia is ready for pollination?

when its flowers open.. and the female parts [i am blanking and laughing] .. are receptive ... time of day is very important ....

and the flower is not the big show-offy part ... those are the bracts [well at least i think i got that part.. lol] .. the flower is actually the little yellow thing in teh middle ...

ken

ps: sometimes i wonder why i dont just delete some of these answers.. but i do entertain myself.. lol ...

o

Could I please Obtain a valid message, or if you have a poinsettia plant could you make a video of you hand pollinating it and upload it on youtube, please :)

o

You will see yellow pollen on the small green flowers in the centre of the red bracts.

o

and so many hours after the pollen dries [sometimes at teh same time] .. that being the male part ... the female part will get sticky and that is when you will add the male to the female ...

how about you make the video ... what next.. you want us to come visit ... and do it for you???

and in case you dont know how to use a search engine.. the link gives 20 thousand links on topic ... ;) .. but alas.. no youtube ... whats that all about????

man for a hippie.. you sure know how to kill a happy buzz ... lol

good luck

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Perennials Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here