Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasranger10

Delicate and airy

TexasRanger10
9 years ago

While looking for photos of the airy plant Verbena bonariensis for the thread on ball shaped flowers I ran across this plant that now has me on The Hunt.

Its called Althacea cannabina (yes a marijuana leaf look-a-like) but I'm suddenly in love with the tall airiness of it and it even looks like the leaves are blueish and small like I love. I found it on the UK site below 'An Artist's Garden' along with the V. bonariensis looking great contrasting with that grass. It seems to be more well known in the UK from what I observed.

I have thrown in the towel on the flashy big flowered hibiscus deciding they overpower other plants in my scheme but I do like this particular wilder and much airier version and think it will look quite good (great) with my 'leaning toward the wildside' landscape here.

Is anyone growing this? Luckily I found a US seed source at J.L. Hudson which is good because he keeps sending me catalogs for free with postage stamps stuck on them as opposed to bulk mailing and I have the guilts that I requested it and haven't ordered anything yet after 2 years. I am definitely going to try this plant out from seed.

Does anyone have other suggestions for see-through plants? I'm sort of on a mission now.

Here is a link that might be useful: An Artist's Garden

This post was edited by TexasRanger10 on Sat, Dec 20, 14 at 17:05

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner