Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jujujojo_gw

This summer's trip to Tibet! Lots of pictures.

jujujojo_gw
10 years ago

Lhasa and near by area.

Wow, even the species of this one has transparent blue petals.

{{gwi:285096}}

{{gwi:285099}}

{{gwi:285101}}

{{gwi:285102}}

{{gwi:285103}}

{{gwi:285104}}

A sacred lake:
{{gwi:285105}}

{{gwi:285107}}

{{gwi:285110}}

{{gwi:285112}}

{{gwi:285114}}

{{gwi:285116}}

{{gwi:285120}}

These are really expensive. These are a mushroom that only grows inside the caterpillar of a butterfly.
{{gwi:285122}}

{{gwi:285124}}

Comments (18)

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

{{gwi:285125}}

{{gwi:285126}}

{{gwi:285127}}

Monks' window:
    {{gwi:285128}}

{{gwi:285130}}

{{gwi:285127}}

{{gwi:285131}}

{{gwi:285132}}

{{gwi:285134}}

{{gwi:285135}}

{{gwi:285136}}

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    10 years ago

Those are fantastic pictures. I have no clue what some of those are, but they sure are lovely...

I think Tibet is one of my top choices on my list of places I would like to visit. Thanks for sharing jujujojo!
    CMK

This post was edited by christinmk on Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 22:49

• dbarron
    10 years ago

People the world over...the same, all those beautiful native flowers and they grow geraniums and snapdragons :)

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    10 years ago

Lovely!! Thanks for sharing both the flowers and some overall views. I particularly love the large crinkled leaves with the purple panicles of flowers from near the end of the first post and the deep brown-purple clematis flowers.

• sunnyborders
    10 years ago

Thanks, excellent pictures.
    Beautiful.
    Don't need one of a Yeti.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    10 years ago

nhbabs - I believe the purple one with the large crinkled leaves is Lamiophlomis rotata. Maybe jujujojo can supply the other names. Excellent pictures.

• User
    10 years ago

obviously, meconops, a pink incarvillea, Dryas octopetala, an unknown saxifrage and a little yellow helianthemum? Maybe bouvardia? Clem fusca? Wild guesses here.

Yeah, I also smirked at the geraniums.

The Himalayas - surely one of the top horticultural hotspots in the whole world.

• floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK
    10 years ago

Not sure I see Dryas there, Campanula. Which one did you reckon it was? The yellow one looks like Rosaceae rather than Helianthemum to me. Maybe some kind of Potentilla?

• User
    10 years ago

No, quite right, Flora (there is androsace though, I think - an alpine which has consistently defeated me). Will squint a bit more carefully especially since that little anemone looks awfy familiar too (I am a bit rubbish at plant ID). Oh yeah, the rose looks like one of those early spring flowering types - R. sericea omeiensis (I think it has 4 petals, hard to see).

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Campanula and Flora, it was an ordinary tourist trip. I merely took some pictures of some common plants near the city and tourist attractions. It was not meant to be a biological exploration trip.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

BTW, Flora, in this case, I did not supply the names because I did not know :)

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

Wow! Stunning shots! I've enjoyed the tour.

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

more plants from the trip that I don't know the ID ...

{{gwi:285137}}

{{gwi:285138}}

{{gwi:285139}}

{{gwi:285141}}

{{gwi:285143}}

{{gwi:285144}}

{{gwi:285146}}

{{gwi:285148}}

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

More:

{{gwi:285150}}

{{gwi:285151}}

{{gwi:285152}}

{{gwi:285153}}

{{gwi:285154}}

• giraffe
    10 years ago

Beautiful....thank you for sharing all your photos, Jujujo!

• moliep
    10 years ago

I really enjoyed all of these photos, jujujojo, thank you. IâÂÂm with christinmk ⦠Tibet is a dream destination.

It was neat to be able to "picture" (in some cases) the hybridized varieties of these flowers that we can find in catalogues and garden centers.

Is the second photo of your last posing, above, of plants growing on roof tiles? ThatâÂÂs a very curious photo.

Hopefully the spot where the orchids were photographed is protected and/or a secret... were you blindfolded on the way in? I can just imagine some tourist attempting to rip one out and trying to smuggle it home. Really, when I look at these photographs, it's obvious that Mother Nature is the most magnificent gardener of all.

Molie

• jujujojo_gw
    Original Author
    8 years ago

mjc_molie(z6 CT) , I'm sorry I have not gotten time to put the labels.

• sweet_betsy No AL Z7
    8 years ago

Thank you for allowing us to see your magnificent photographs. I am blown away by their beauty.