Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ademink_gw

Happy New Year!!!!!!!

ademink
17 years ago

Yes, I'm still alive and kickin'. :) My pond is beautifully clear (only in winter...daggone algae! LOL) and my fish think it's Spring! I actually fed them Cheerios and peas the last couple of weeks b/c we've had temps in the mid to high 50s!!!

What the heck?

Hope you all are doing well and I can't wait until Spring! :D

Happy New Year, dear ponding friends!!!

*HUGS*

Andrea

Comments (5)

• comettose
    17 years ago

Happy New Year Andrea and fellow ponders. CT

• youreit
    17 years ago

Happy 2007 to you, too, Andrea, CT, and other ponder(er)s!

I actually can't wait until Spring, as well, since we've had a pretty cold one out here in the wild West. Normally, I love winter, since the rains rejuvenate me, however, looking over pics from prior seasons has me missing that "warm" smell of plants in bloom and growth. *sigh*

Stay safe, y'all! Hope health finds you (don't hide!), and happiness attacks. :D

Brenda

• maryo_nh
    17 years ago

*** New Year's hugs for you too! ***
    *** and for all of you! ***

I've been silly busy. On Nov 15, DD and DSIL decided to take the job in L.A. The movers came before Thanksgiving. The (4-person) family moved in with us. DSIL left the Sunday after. DD and the two grandbabes stayed. The truck delivered the goods on Dec. 9. We flew out Dec. 10. I came back the 16th. They came for Christmas the 23rd. Stayed until New year's Day and left for the airport at 4 AM. DH dropped them off.

We took a long deep breath when we got up around ten and enjoyed the quiet - while missing them lots already. Then we started to clean up the house. I'll do a bit more every day and it will take two weeks.

I'm planning my next visit already...

Meanwhile, other DD brought home two (10-week old-ish) rescue kitties. They went to their new home two weeks later. Our Murphy was having back problems and the x-rays didn't look good. And she was not pleased with the kittens - she squeezed through the doggie door, and stayed out in the driving rain the day after Thanksgiving, and we haven't seen her since. *Sigh*. Gretchen liked the kitties and misses them. She misses Murphy. She misses the two little people. Life is so quiet and boring in the house now. *Sigh*. Mommy, shall we go play? in the yard? with the round bouncy thing? or go for a walk? maybe later? or now? how about now? or how about with the flat big round thing? not now? how about now?

Meanwhile, eh, I'm not sure if I noticed the weather? heehee...

My fishies, can't tell, the pond is frozen, but we haven't had snow yet to speak of. But I can't look in far, it's still green down there. The ones we scooped out for the aquarium and the indoor mini-pond are thriving. I bought them a bunch of watercress for Christmas and they love it.

There wasn't much snow last year. I hope there's more this winter, for future SIL's sake, he bought a new plow so he needs the business!

2007: we're expecting a new baby and a wedding! It should be a wonderful year! I hope you all have a happy and wonderful year too.

:) Mary

• jeanner
    17 years ago

And AHNYTYT!

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL Jean! Hey, I figured it out! :D

Mary, I'm SO sorry to hear about one of your daughters and family moving so far away! And Murphy!!! That just breaks my heart. *HUG* It sounds like Gretchen is filling in the gaps of quiet downtime very nicely. :)

Here's hoping it snows for SIL, and that 2007 provides plenty of happy moments for you and yours! A wedding and a new baby should definitely help. :)

Brenda

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!