Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bihai

Bumperstickers?

bihai
18 years ago

I like to read other folks bumperstickers. I saw 2 I really liked while I was driving my daughter to school this morning.

The first one was a popular variant on the "WWJD?" (What Would Jesus Do?) theme. But instead it read:

"WHO WOULD JESUS BOMB?"

Hmm...food for thought.

The second was a bit more tongue in cheek, it said:

"THAT'S OKAY, I WASN'T USING MY CIVIL LIBERTIES ANYWAY"

So have you all seen any good ones lately?

Comments (71)

• pondmaninfl
    18 years ago

"Most of the people I see around here in Florida who have a Confederate Battle Flag symbol on their car (EXCUSE ME, their TRUCK...its never a CAR) are the same people who blare country music out of the truck, speed and pass on 2 lane double yellow stripe country lanes, throw empty beer cans out of trucks, throw cigarette butts out of trucks, and have pit bulls tied up in the back of trucks with ropes around their necks who get hung when they slam on their brakes to make lewd wolf whistles at women like me who are out running trying to train for the upcoming half marathon."

Bihai, I'm glad that you corrected the truck thing. Now let's see, what parts of that do I fit in? I drive a pickup truck, smoke cigarettes, and listen to country music(loudly). I don't drink beer(nasty tasting stuff), I don't cross double yellow lines, I don't whistle at anything on the side of the road, and I don't display the Confederate Flag on my truck(yet!). I am a Hillbilly Redneck and proud of it. I personally feel that prejudice is shown through the person, not the Confederate flag.

Jeff, it's not part of our heritage, it's part of our history. Alabama's state flag looks alot like the Confederate flag.

Don't jump me for supporting part of my history. I've got the exit door to this forum halfway open. It won't take much to get me to go through it completely.

G'day y'all,
    Scott

• bihai
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Well Jeff that would do in a pinch. It would make a great sticker!
    Scott, its possible to be a Hillbilly Redneck who drives a truck, smokes and listens to loud country music without being an offensive, obscene, dangerous driving idiot. I commend you on being the former, not the latter.

I personally drive an SUV with a SLipknot sticker on it and blare thrash and death metal music in order to cover up the country music I hear wafting outta the trucks in my direction, so I am certain I have my own special place reserved in h-e-double toothpicks according to some.

• jeffahayes
    18 years ago

Oh I'm not condemning or "jumping on" anyone who chooses to fly and/or "honor" the Confederate battle flag, for whatever reason(s), simply pointing out WHY it's considered a symbol of hatred by so many and WHY that's a legitimate concern, as with the swastika.

However, everyone who does choose to fly that flag or put decals and/or bumper stickers of it on their cars, books, toolboxes and so forth AUTOMATICALLY creates a certain negative perception in the minds of many people about them the moment they see the flag, REGARDLESS of how they view their displaying of it.

It's just like if you always use improper grammar in your speech (don't, where you should use doesn't, is maybe the easiest example, as in, "He don't go to school no more," instead of "He doesn't go to school any more"), it won't matter HOW well-educated you are, or WHAT your position in life is or how much money you have, a lot of people will form an impression that you're uneducated... It may just be that you grew up in a household where your PARENTS were uneducated and they spoke that way, and so you grew up speaking that way and it's an old habit you never broke, although you have long since KNOWN better. But it won't matter to anyone who hears you speak that way, unless they also hear you speak the "correct" way most of the time and know you're doing it just for emphasis, or to kid around.

Now personally, I don't judge people on such things. If I judge people on anything, it's how they treat other people and animals. But a lot of people DO... And there's the rub, huh?

Hang around Scott. I love ya!
    Jeff

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Oooo. Bihai. :-)

C with 3 Ds

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

These are not bumperstickers but fun to see any way. Vanity license plates I saw recently:

' I O MORE '

' CULL ME ' (HEY! Now wait a minute! That one ~~should~~ be MINE!)

Any other vanity plates out there?

C3D (Culled 3 Days)

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

{{gwi:163091}}

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

{{gwi:163095}}

LOL!!!!! Attracted *this 3DChick* to get a photograph of it!

• ohcathy
    18 years ago

I love this thread. I just saw this one today...

"Eve was framed!"

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

I needed help from a very good friend to get the bumper sticker more in focus on that van. Hmmmmm. Seems the license plate was a bit transformed in the process.

{{gwi:163098}}

• nosambos
    18 years ago

BUCK FUSH

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

Roe, roe! We've got another disgruntled illegal alien. Andale, andale!!!

• youreit
    18 years ago

"Mi otro coche se hace en México, también."

¡Manera de ir, individuo del Fi! :D

Brainda

• bihai
    Original Author
    18 years ago

We saw a good one yesterday:

"No One Died when CLINTON Lied"

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

Watcha talkin' 'bout Willis...errr... Brainda?!?!?!

• youreit
    18 years ago

Sorry, meant to translate! :)

"My other car was made in Mexico, too."

Brandy

Here is a link that might be useful: Babel Fish translation

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Saw this one the other day:

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    Now Speak English
    OR GET OUT!

Saw this license plate too. Things that make some go Hmmmmmmmm: NAPPYER \-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\-\- Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :\-)
  • sockmonkeyz6
    17 years ago

Been laughing a lot...the chick magnet van reminded me of a multicolored, rusty van I was behind going to K-Mart a while back, it had a hand written sign "Free Breast Exams" (there were a bunch of younger guys in it.) I sure hope nobody fell for that one!!!!
    Debbie

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Hmmmmmmmmm indeed! Is somebody trying to trump Sir Nappy??? The nerve of some people! :-)

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Maybe the car was driven by one of Sir Nappy's followers? Perhaps someone who had attended the MD Conference and learned the intricacies of foaming at the mouth with a straight face and thereby became Nappy-er ?

Or perhaps like someone who would, oh... let's say, just as a fer instance, become a number 1 fan of an Ohio baseball team?

Whatchathink Semper? :-)

{{gwi:163101}}

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! That almost looks like MY fridge and MY name. Of course, it's gotta be some sort of computer generated optical illusion or somethin'.

What's next? Cleveland Browns #1 fan magnet??? *BARF*

NOTE TO SELF: Change your address before one of them whacky Ohionese chicks get some funny ideas.

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Seen this license plate at the Cleveland Clinic today:

OL GEEZR

• okpondlady
    17 years ago

My personal all time favorite is PB4UGO on a local radio celebrities "Banditmobile" (Read country music DJ with a Smokey and Bandit Trans Am Hick? OOOOOOO YEAH )
    I thought it was sooo cute.

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Save the Earth. It's the only planet with chocolate!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I want that "blonde" licence plate! Chick magnet van is my second favorite! PJ

• lilllly
    17 years ago

Love this thread!
    My favorite BS was on a car in need of paint and repair:

THANK YOU FOR NOT LAUGHING AT MY CAR

Another one I intend to have made for myself and use:

JESUS IS A DEMOCRAT

Lil

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Saw this one yesterday on someone's vehicle and I love it.... so much so that it will soon be proudly displayed on the Sempermobile:

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL!! I had to search for it online after your post, Fi guy, and I found several versions (different colors, images, etc.). Can't wait to get mine. :D

Brenda

• bihai
    Original Author
    17 years ago

There should be a whole slew of new ones coming out based on the outcome of yesterday's elections.....

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

Great thread bihai!

If I may jump in......

Speaking of the elections.....I was watching the E! Channel's "Best Week Ever" and saw this BS:

DON'T BLAME ME, I VOTED FOR SPRINGER

I dunno', I thought it was funny. : )

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• youreit
    17 years ago

What's scary is that Jerry Springer was actually mayor of Cincinnati for one year (1977). Maybe they really did vote for him. LOL

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:163074}}

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

"Jerry Springer was actually mayor of Cincinnati for one year (1977). "

Did not know that. Scary indeed! What's next? A professional wrestler as a governor? An actor as our president?!

I was really disappointed that Lynn Swann's (former Steelers great and hall-of-fame player) run to become the next Governor of PA fell way short. Stinking Eagles fans!

• youreit
    17 years ago

Lynn Swann is a good'un - mellow-yellow, intelligent (and I didn't know he was running!). That wouldn't be scary, having him as a governor. The Bus, though...that might be scary. :D

I still can't believe Arnold is our governor, after all this time. More than that, I can't believe we all voted for him. LOL But he's proving to be a pretty decent governor, amazingly enough.

Brenda

• mamabirrd
    17 years ago

I was pretty sad about Lynn Swann's loss too. We would have loved to see him as Governor. Ed Rendell has been on my last nerve ever since I found out how much we were paying for him to eat. Ridiculous!

I really like Arnold, but still have to giggle when I see him speak. Although he seems to do a wonderful job, I can't help but think of the Terminator. : )

My DH's uncle used to have this dump truck that he plastered with bumperstickers and I was always so embarassed everytime we borrowed it. He had the MY KID BEAT UP YOUR HONOR STUDENT and BACK OFF OR I'LL FLICK A BOOGER ON YOUR WINDSHIELD ones, plus a few other unmentionables. I wanted to rip them off so bad, lol.

~Dawn

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

NPR did a pretty good news article about the Governator and his MAJOR comeback to easily win the re-election after he was written off not all that long ago. Maybe it says something about the power of governing from the center instead of either extremes?

Oh yeah... bumpersticker... I saw this one on the Blue Ridge Parkway on our road trip: AVOID CORRUPTION IN WASHINGTON.
    ELECT NO ONE!

Here is a link that might be useful: Click 'LISTEN' for audio story

• youreit
    17 years ago

GREAT story, Fi guy! Thanks for posting it. More people should realize that moderation is the key to just about everything.

My new favorite sticker -

DON'T BE A GIRLY-MAN!

Brenda

• zinniachick
    17 years ago

Enough of this frivolous politics. There are critical issues at hand.

O-H-I-O GO BUCKEYES!

{{gwi:163104}}

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

If that vest just doesn't SCREAM kewl, I don't know what does!

-Sweater Boy

Oh, and just so we have a "fair & balanced" forum.... {{gwi:163106}}

• zinniachick
    17 years ago

In honor of Bo Schembechler, God rest his soul. I've many times heard of elders dying just after a significant milestone -- a birthday, the passing of their partner -- but Bo's death Friday has a real win-one-for-the-Gipper feel about it. This should be an incredible game. May all the drunken frat boys have the wherewithal to act like grown men for once and have some respect for the man and what his death means for so many Michigan fans. We'd have asked that much for Woody.

And Semper, seeing as how the Browns and Steelers play TOMORROW, could you not give me this one day, ONE day, to feel good about football? One day? Is it too much to ask?

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

As much as I hate to admit it, I think you're right. We do need a ONE day moratorium when we can ALL live in football harmony. Unfortunately, that day wasn't yesterday and it sure as heck ain't today. I'm thinking March 12 would be the ideal day to celebrate our beloved .

My apologies to the Governator for stealing HIS line.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:163077}}

• zinniachick
    17 years ago

I'm sure in your Sweaterboy sensibilities, you're paying a high compliment to the Browns, comparing them to a girlie scouting troop. And in that spirit, I say thank you.

I can't believe I missed the game today. We finally closed the pond. I failed to check the time and thought it would be on later -- doh! It's probably just as well, but it looks like it was a good one. Sorry to see that the Stealers took it by only a tiny few points.

I did, however, see the Buckeyes take the national championship yesterday, and that was swell.

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

With our backs against the wall and being down by 10 with only 9 minutes left to play in a rabidly hostile environment, I started to break out in a cold sweat thinking of having to come back here to admit defeat to the Girly Men. Even though I had the ultRAHigh backing of Ohio based Captain Nappy, I did what any red-blooded mono brain cell football nut would do in that situation... I leased my soul to Lucifer for a comeback win. Hope you're happy!

Congrats to the Buckeyes for punching their ticket to the big dance. I couldn't understand the logic of some idiots on TV (Brent MuskRATburger among many) and radio who kept admitting that those two were clearly the best teams in the nation but yet they did not want to see a rematch. Well, WHY THE HECK NOT??? Is it because it would be GREAT for the sport? SIGH! When will they come to their senses and finally give us a real playoff system in college football?

BTW Bihai, I think the Gators still have a shot at being the other team in the big game.

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

On Nov. 19th, I wrote:

"I think the Gators still have a shot at being the other team in the big game."

Holy Kamole! I actually got it right when it seemed like it was a lock for either USC or Michigan to be that other team! I think Chickadeedeedee and Sir Nappy's eerie ESPn powers are rubbing off on me.

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Bihai!!! Hope you had a great one.

This sticker was on the car in front of me this afternoon:

"Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog"

HUH?!?!?!

• youreit
    17 years ago

Cripes, a day late and a dollar short! Hope you had a mahvelous birthday, Bihai!

LOL! Not sure why I'm laughing at that BS, Fi guy...but I am....:D

Brenda

• semper_fi
    15 years ago

Here's one that I just ordered...
    {{gwi:163107}}

I'll go stand in the corner!! :-)

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

This guy don't need no stinkin' bumper! He's got a sign in his front lawn proclaiming his passion which I see on the way to work:
    {{gwi:163109}}

Hmmmm. When is the Vermin Convention?

Gonna pull weeds now. :-)

• youreit
    15 years ago

LOL!!!! I'm already in the corner pulling weeds, but it's nice to have company. :D

Brenda

• steven_a
    15 years ago

i had one on the back of my truck that said ,what is our oil doing under there soil...i got alot of remarks on that one.

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

Bumpersticker on a flat bed tow truck I saw the other day:

If you're in my bed, it's always better on top

:-)

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

Hmmmmmmm. Seems that perhaps some rabid Vermin desecrated that sign in the front lawn. The guy's lawn was *majorly* turfed, the sign is gone and the sign supports were heavily damaged.

But no worries! There have been new supports installed in the lawn. The lawn has been repaired. A new and better sign is likely on the horizon. Will post when I see the newest installment.

Gosh darn! I missed the VNC. We didn't bother to watch. :-)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH