Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
State of the Union speech tonight

Posted by sleeplessinftwayne z4-5 IND (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 23, 07 at 10:55

If the posting on GW's Hot Topics forum is correct, a part of tonights speech other than on Iraq is of extreme interest to anyone who has any medical expenses at all.
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/hottopics/msg0110093713274.html?31

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: State of the Union speech tonight

Thought it was a good address. Unfortunately, in politics talk is always cheap though. Can you imagine how much better we'd be if they enacted just 10% of the stuff that we've heard over the years in these speeches?

Hey, I can dream can't I?!?!?!

BTW, a big Oooooorah to Wesley Autrey and Tommy Riemann who were honored during the address.

o

I always look at the reactions. Pelosi's face showed almost everything she was thinking, but I wish she had lost the gum. I had a hard time believing how easily the healthcare got turned into a deduction letting the corp. off the hook for any tax. For years health coverage has been a big part of the entire package. Bush certainly was less animated than usual and didn't stumble nearly as bad as he usually does. You are right about the 10%.

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 24, 07 at 9:57

I didn't watch it, but I read some highlights this morning. To me, the S. of the U. speeches are just more ceremonial baggage the busiest person in the U.S. has to carry around. And yeah, actions speak louder than words.

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: State - full text

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here