Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
koijoyii

Special invitation to Mr. Barry Robin

koijoyii
15 years ago

Dear Barry:

You are invited to tend the robin convention currently being hosted at pondside in the West Park area in Cleveland, Ohio.

We have plenty of lodging.

{{gwi:163452}}

{{gwi:163455}}

And lots of activities. You can go for a swim:

{{gwi:163457}}

or fly around the grounds:

{{gwi:163459}}

If you don't want to drink or bathe you can watch the other robins doing so from the little red bridge.

{{gwi:163461}}

You can even perch on a Buddha's head.

{{gwi:163462}}

We are only a bird's eye view from Camp Nappy. You don't need reservations, and as you can see, there are a lot of robins already enjoying themselves. Feel free to fly in at your leisure. Hope to see you soon.

Comments (10)

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

OY!

Thanks for the invitation! It looks and sounds so very appealing and luxurious! COLD too!

Looks like a Camp Nappy East has opened for business! :-)

Right now I spend my days in a large room and keep busy eating, singing, watching the birds outside and pooping. When the door opens to let the dogs out or in .... BRRRRRR!  It is crazy cold out there!

As much as I hate to be a captive ... I'd hate to struggle against -25 wind chills even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then again ... Can I make reservations for when the temperatures are over ZERO? :-)

Barry

Captivity has made me a weenie

• koijoyii
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dear Barry:

We welcome weenies too. Since we consider you a VIR (very important robin) you are welcome to fly in whenever you wish. No reservations necessary. Waiting till the temperature goes above freezing is a good idea. We do not have inside lodging due to three felines who like to perch on the back of the couch and watch the robin convention while licking their chops and growling under their breath. This could pose a safety issue.

Keep snuggling, we hear spring is right around the corner.

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

Dear Jenny and Willow,

Your invitation is very appealing. I've discussed it with my better half / body guard, Olive. She certainly agrees it would be best to wait for warmer temperatures until *we* visit. I was not aware that we were WE until she told me we were!

Must not argue with the significant other ... especially when she's larger and heavier than skinny ol' me. 8-)

Mmmmm. Worm time. Gotta go!

Thanks.

Barry R.

• goodkarma_
    15 years ago

OMGosh Beautiful pics Jenny! Robins always remind me spring is just around the corner. Nice that they have an open area of water to drink. Winter storm tonight........

Lisa

• koijoyii
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dear Barry:

Maybe the robin convention can come visit you. There is safety in numbers. They can promote your machismo, and back you up to your significant other/bodyguard. At least Olive will be outnumbered, if not outspoken. We know your mom doesn't have enough mouths to feed. Hey what's another flock of robins? lol

Jenny, & drooling Willow, McLovin and Boa

• maryo_nh
    15 years ago

*giggle*

:) MaryO

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

For the sake of all the male Robins and Cardinals out there ... Olive is NOT ... repeat NOT! going anywhere! Uhhh ... how can I put this nicely ...???

Olive is going through her normal Amazon Parrot hormonal surge and her ... ummm ... urges are magnified 113% ! She's ... uhhhh ... satisfying her needs herself. Complete with not too discrete sound effects! [blushing with embarassmentsmiley]

Barry is safe in another area of the Camp Nappy Asylum.

• sheepco
    15 years ago

OMG! I'm not very parrot wise, I had no idea, lol! Sounds like another chapter of crazy Camp Nappy..."Spring's a Comin'!"...

S

• pondmaster101
    14 years ago

Where did you get that little red bridge? Mine looks just like that but it is unpainted! Was it meant to be ornamental or was it indeed a footbidge? Thanks it is lovely especially against the bright snow!

• koijoyii
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Pondmaster:

Sorry I just checked the conversation area and discovered your post. I ordered the bridge online. It is strictly ornamental. Not weight bearing. I have an Asian theme to my pond so I painted the bridge red. Can't remember what the color red reprents, but it's something good.

Jenny