Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
more batty coda

Posted by fairy_toadmother z5 ncentral il (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 4, 07 at 13:17

i just had to post this. this shirt has me written all over it!

Here is a link that might be useful: dingbat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: more batty coda

Too cute!

I checked out the bat houses too, I would love to put one up.

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jan 5, 07 at 8:06

That's an awesome site, FTM! My mom would love one of those t-shirts. :) Well, I would, too, but Adopt-a-Bat sounds even better! Or the bat art...or...uh-oh, I may have to enlist DH to build a bat condo next. LOL

Brenda

o

a couple of years ago i purchased the christmas cards of a flying fox hanging upside down in a wreath. loved watching people turning them upside down, etc :)

o

FTM - too funny! I love bats. Did I already tell the story of the two bats I saw when I was pulling up to park for a chiropractor appointment? Here is it in case I didn't. I pulled up and saw something fly into the grass in front of my car. I thought what was that? So I walked up and looked and there was a brown bat laying in the grass. Turns out upon closer inspection by touching the bat, there were two of them mating in the grass. I was so excited I ran into the doctor's office and everybody came out to look at the happy couple. I was surprised they were mating so late in the year, but since this winter is like spring I think life would be even easier. Does anybody know the average gestation period? It was pretty cool when they would spread out their wings and the male would bear his teeth a bit when touched but he was too busy to do more. He was biting the nect of the female fairly vigorously IMO.

CT

o

what i find most hilarious is that everyone came out to see! most people would look at you like you were nutso. or a dingbat :)

quite a voyeur....any idea of bat species?

o

Sat, Jan 6, 07 at 8:19

That's an awesome story, CT! I'm glad you told it again, since I hadn't heard it before. What an amazing experience!

LOL @ everyone coming out to look! I would have been in that crowd, too. :D

Brenda

o

lends a new meaning to wrinkles:

Here is a link that might be useful: very cool article

o

careful where you step! :)

Here is a link that might be useful: long-eared myotis

o

Thu, Mar 1, 07 at 11:01

"...are well suited for sneaking up on prey undetected as well as for maneuvering through cluttered habitats."

Hey, that little darling would be QUITE at home here in my yard! :D

Brenda

o

lol!

o

Sun, Jul 1, 07 at 8:47

This little guy is adorable (look at those ears!!!)! But I can't tell where his mouth is! LOL

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Bizarre Horseshoe Bat Photographed for First Time

o

oh my goodness! bizzaromundo!

o

That bat is strange looking but I'm glad they are not extinct!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here