ode to fergus

Posted by fairy_toadmother z5 ncentral il (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 21, 07 at 17:43

the ultimate predator :)

Here is a link that might be useful: NPR

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ode to fergus

I knew I recognized that name when it came up, I've been reading her blogs for awhile now. She is one very talented lady!

Here is a link that might be useful: Julie Zickefoose blog

o

i will read more of that later! thanks, jean. one of my fave quotes from mrs. zickefoose on the above link, "Those mallards--they'll mate with anything with a pulse." too true, alas, too true! oh, and the bluebird with testosterone poisoning! typical male :)

o

I read the whole thing - she is a wonderfully talented, and funny writer and I love her photos. I've bookmarked it for future reference. I've been to Sanibell Island but I didn't see any Roseate Spoonbills:-( Thanks for posting the link Jean!

FTM - As soon as spring comes and my bullfrogs let me pick them up again, after having the gall to forget over winter who throws them the crickets, I will take a photo of my really big frog. He is 8" this past summer and my reptile book says 8" is the current record. He is the ultimate eating machine. He has been at my pond since 2003.

CT

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 22, 07 at 8:25

Awww, poor Fergus got fed to the heron! Well, after getting to know him so well, I hope not...but bless her for saving the hummers. :D

I was hoping Julie would have archives of Sept. 2005 so I might see a pic of Fergie. Great blog!

Brenda

o

can't wait ct! btw, anyone see the movie the shaggy dog with tim allen? how about that dog sized bullfrog with a pug head?!

o

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Wed, Jan 24, 07 at 8:20

LOL! I haven't seen the movie yet, FTM, but I've always wanted a gigantipug! Mastiffs are great....just not the same, though. :D

Brenda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here