Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikeyismyfriend

Lookie There!

mikeyismyfriend
18 years ago

At the bottom of the screen is PAGE 2 of Conversations!

Hmmmmmm. We used to get cut off before but looks like the Village people will let the older threads live on. :-) I see that other forums at GW already have multiple pages in their Conversations.

C3D

Comments (23)

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

"I see that other forums at GW already have multiple pages in their Conversations. "

Here at Maple Syrup Manufacturing (satellite division) we are more concerned with QUALITY rather than quantity. Yeah, yeah! That's the ticket. :-)

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

.......I be the 3D Chick once again too!

Uh huh, Semper. Quality is job 13 ! :-)

C3D

• youreit
    18 years ago

They also let me stay logged in from yesterday. Is it Christmas? :D

Hey, I get what they're doing now! They put us through hell, so that every little tidbit they throw at us will seem like a feast!

Brenda

• grandmapoo
    18 years ago

Hi Chick3D! Yep, I couldn't log on, then when I could, my post showed up under my original user name too. I thought..."Wuz it sumthin I said???"
    I didn't know rather to sh-- or git off the pot! Glad to see this getting back to normal.

• horton
    18 years ago

How's the production going down there Semper?
    Remember you are only in on this Maple Syrup Manufacturing on a trial basis. You have to produce, screw the quality!

WARNING.
    DRH1 gets all put out with other people turning out a better product than they do in Vermont.
    So watch for saboteur's wearing, chest waders, snow shoes and a wide brimmed hats!

Corporate HQ.

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

LOL!!! Oh what sad times are these when we get so excited about getting back to where we were before they improved the site! :-)

I like that the Conversations threads will live a little longer but they also are looking into the viability of keeping any of the Conversations areas going. We shall see.

Hmmmmm. Is it Maple Syrup production time already?

"...You have to produce, screw the quality!..."

A GREAT company motto! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C3D, hold the syrup

• sleeplessinftwayne
    18 years ago

I remember way back when, before Bill Gates, it was absolute misery to combine files from one database into another. If one database used a particular operating system and the other another it might take days to months with whole sections lost and that meant you needed to print out all the data before you began 'just in case'. That doesn't even go to the hardware problems that required the computers to be directly connected instead of the modern miracles that allow one computer to talk to others in France or San Francisco or Ft. Wayne at the same time. I also remember the bad jokes in the industry news letters directed at Bill's idea (and Bill) that it should be possible for all systems to comunicate. (Bill has the last laugh but he's showing good stuff by sharing the wealth. He is also doing a fair to middlin' job of anticipating the jokers.) I guess what I am saying is that since I first noticed a format problem on Dec. 18, iVillage has done a pretty fair job of integrating Gardenweb into their system. I expect there was some lost data but on the whole, it has been going well. I have had no problems. I hope the remaining data loss problems are corrected. I will read the new terms of use and address any reservations such as ID sharing on the suggestions and comments forum. Hope we fare well. Sandy

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

"They put us through hell, so that every little tidbit they throw at us will seem like a feast!"

LOL! You might be onto something there Brandy. I believe some refer to this as Cognitive Dissonance.

"AWESOME! We only have to go on a 10 mile hump with full gear today."

"How's the production going down there Semper?"

DRH1 can have this job anytime he wants. My Honey Do list has never been bigger since I started working at the MSM (Satellite Division). Oh, don't get me wrong... this is a sweet job. My main duty is stalking the stores. I just met our Union leader Attila the Honey. Bittersweet character!

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Hmmmm. Looks like the 'Goosi have landed'. LOL!

3Ds and a C :-)

• horton
    18 years ago

Semper Maple Syrup producing is a saps job really, but stick with it. You'll soon be dripping with the sweet smell of success all around you.
    Attila the Honey tends to flit around sticking her stinger into everything, I'd rather see her just bee herself instead of a bumbling nosy parker. She can be a lot of fun when she gets a buzz on.
    Glad she flew into see you,she must bee feeling better last I heard she was sick with a case of hives.
    I don't want to drone on, but you've got to learn to bee a happy little worker.
    God Save the Queen.

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

Head Huncho Horton,

I just don't know what all the buzz is about. Lets face it. This is a sappy job. The only thing that has kept me here is my posh office sweet. That and the rich family history of this company. I have had the pleasure of meeting several of the top brass of the Honey family:

The two brothers Honey Dothis and Honey Dothat working in Productions Department.... Honey I. Shrunkthekids in charge of Video Productions... Honey Luv from Human Resorucers... Honey Imhome the teleworking liaison... Honey Nutcheerios in merchandising.... and Honey Bunny from top level management.

• horton
    18 years ago

Ah Semper, I see that you missed meeting, Honey I Gottaheadache, from the Customer Relations and Lame Excuses Department,lucky you.
    She's a real hummer!

Keep tapping away and the world will be swarming around you. It's the Bees Knees!
    "H"

• sleeplessinftwayne
    18 years ago

You guys are speaking in strange tongues again. Now I am going to lose sleep wondering who Honey Prime might be. Whoever, I am more than likely to offend while trying to adjust the dosage of the new meds. Last night I flustered three pharmacy clerks and two night managers because THEY DIDN'T HAVE MY PILLS!!! Lots of phone action and rushed unpacking of shipments to locate my pills so I wouldn't scare the cat again this morning. The only consolation has been seeing that while I paid $40.00, the actual cost with no insurance would have been $195.99. Hummmm, makes you wonder about those bee sting cures. Hey Chickie. You and Semper have been conspiring off forum I see. Imagine my enjoyment of this conundrum. After a confused thank you the only question is why???? Sandy

• horton
    18 years ago

Quote, "Now I am going to lose sleep wondering who Honey Prime might be. Whoever, I am more than likely to offend while trying to adjust the dosage of the new meds."

Sandy, You are reading something into those posts that isn't there again!
    It is just us bee-in' silly B's and fooling around with words, nothing malicious whatsoever.

Don't worry.... bee happy,
    "Horton"

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Sandy...

You wrote : "....You and Semper have been conspiring off forum I see. Imagine my enjoyment of this conundrum. After a confused thank you the only question is why????...."

Now I am the one confused! Semper and I discuss mountain bikes sometimes off forum. I'm not sure that is much of a conspiracy.

Why would I be seen with the likes of Semper off forum through e mails? He is truly a gentleman. He is honest. He is respectful. He and my DH have so much in common it is at times frightening. He, among others, is proof positive that one can make real friends in the cyber world! He is a very fun and funny man! I am honored that I am in his loop of friends. :-)

I am very much enjoying the exchange between himself and Horton. How do they so easily come up with their play on words is a delightful mystery! :-) They had a similar exchange about Canadian Geese / Goosi earlier last year. As Horton said, there is no hidden meaning in their exchanges other than good fun!

Chick-in-D x 3

• sleeplessinftwayne
    18 years ago

I must have landed in the land of paranoia and conspiracy theory with my new pills. I plead your indulgence while we try to get this thing right. I'm very disappointed that there is no Queen Bee at the center of their story. "If it be False" then there needs be a conflict to enliven the story and satisfy our desire to know who, where, what, when and why. Certainly, they have populated a fine court to surround their queen. What a shame to miss the opportunity. Sandy

• sleeplessinftwayne
    18 years ago

"Don't worry.... bee happy,". Horton, that particular obsentiy has been known to cause flying cook ware in my presence. Bee glad you are in Ontario and that this is just a tease. Sandy

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

"Semper and I discuss mountain bikes sometimes off forum."

OH GEEEEZ! Why don't you just go ahead and tell the world about {{gwi:163954}} too.

BTW, you *KNOW* you've been honored when you get compared to the Great Sir Nappy himself. Thanks for the unmerited compliments.

Sandy, of course, the BIG question here is: To bee or not to bee? :-)

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

OH GEEEEZ!.... Right back at YOU Sir Crumpet.

Why oh why did you have to post that picture?!?!? That wasn't one of Sir Nappy's better photographs, but a little Nappy can bee seen just behind the van! That crowd sure was all a buzz, wasn't it?

C3D ... makin' a bee line outta here :-)

• horton
    18 years ago

Or, What would you rather bee or a wasp?

Sandy, Thanks for the heads up about the flying cookware.
    I will alert our Ministry of Air Defence and Moose Meat Sandwich Production, to be extra vigilant during their smoke breaks.
    MoMIandMSP.©®

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

Further research into the MSM corp. has revealed more fascination information:

Before reaching stardom, Francis Bavier worked at MSM as a cafeteria cook. Everyone knew her as Aunt Bee. She actually got her first chance to be on the screen thanks to a MSM TV commercial where she opens a competitor's jar and asks: "Where's the bee???".

William Shatner worked in R&D department many years ago. He coined the MSM motto: "Bee me up Scotty!".

• horton
    18 years ago

Ah Semper 'm old B, you're such a hive of trivial, yet somewhat interesting,information.
    You must flit between the floral gardens of the www to collect all that nectar with which to produce those honeycombs of daunting data and enthralling enlightenment.
    More flower power to you, just keep pollen them in.

"Where the bee lurks there lurk I..........."
    "H"

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

"you're such a hive of trivial, yet somewhat interesting,information. "

Thanks but albeeit, my better half claims that I can bee a pain in her bee-hive!

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living