Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryo_nh

it's not too cold for Super Bowl fun, is it?

maryo_nh
15 years ago

Is it?

:) Mary

Comments (12)

• sheepco
    15 years ago

Hope not, we could use a diversion...

• semper_fi
    15 years ago

The 13th 13th annual Super Bowl "Office" Pool will be posted once the AFC & NFC champs have been determined (i.e. late Sunday)

I won't make any comments about the AFC team making it to the Super Bowl just so I won't jinx myself!! :-)

Now if you excuse me I got to go search for a dead chikin' for Voodoo purposes.

• sheepco
    15 years ago

yeah semper! we anxiously await 'the grid'!

• semper_fi
    15 years ago

My sincerest apologies to everyone here but our football ritual may need to be put on hold. Last night I had just started watching my beloved Steelers when Sampson, our St. Bernard mix who we had rescued the week before 9/11, decided to bite my better half when she went to kiss him on the head. So we ended up spending the next few hours in the emergency room getting her face sewed up. :-(

I am saddened that that I have failed this dog. I am also saddened for my own failure. Failure to fully rehabilitate this dog like I know I could.

If I can get over the shock factor, I may still put the grid together before the big game. Otherwise, we'll resume next year when hopefully my boyz will be in there yet again defending their Super Bowl trophy from this year!

• chickadeedeedee
    15 years ago

:*(

Hope that Mrs. Semper is doing OK! x 13! *~*~*RAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... Steelers!!!!!!!!!!!!! *~*~*

• sheepco
    15 years ago

Oh no! Heartfelt wishes for a speedy recovery to the Mrs! We can wait, take care of the family.

Steelers, huh? Well..................... ;op

S

• maryo_nh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Semper, my best wishes for your favorite wife also. Wow. That must have been an unpleasant surprise.

I don't want to know what you did/are doing with the dog... We are always so hopeful when adopting/buying a pet but sometimes it really doesn't work, even with the best of pet owners. Sigh. I share your sadness...

All the same, I was rooting for the Steelers on your behalf already and I was happy they won. It was an excellent game! I'll be watching and rooting for them to be the champions of the world.

:) Mary

• sleeplessinftwayne
    15 years ago

I am so sorry for all three of you. Please, let us know how things are going and please, pass my best wishes on to your wife along with a gentle hug and a back rub. Sandy

• pikecoe
    15 years ago

I am so sorry about your wife and sorry that the dog bit her. Hope she is recovering nicely. It is so sad when we do our best to take care of an animal and it reacts that way. Not knowing what they may have gone through in the past is really chancy, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. At least you tried.

• sleeplessinftwayne
    15 years ago

How is your wife doing, Semper? Is it time to take out the stitches yet? In case you didn't know about it, there are some good products now that can reduce scaring. Some even work on old scars. She should ask her doctor if they are ok for her to use. I found them very helpful. Sandy

• semper_fi
    15 years ago

Thanks all for the well wishes.

Sandy, she is having the stitches removed tomorrow. I think the only thing she was told about scarring at the ER was to absolutely positively stay out of the sun. So thanks for the tip about the products to reduce scaring. I'll definitely have her look into that. Did not know such things existed. Despite what Z-Chick sez, I don't keep up with that shtuff! :-)

MaryO, no worries. No crazy ole' dogs were harmed during the making of this drama.

• annedickinson
    15 years ago

Semper,

Lots of voodoo healing energy on its way to your wife!!! Maybe you could wave a dead chicken at her and help the healing process along. :-)

In all seriousness, though, I'm so sorry she (and you and the dog) have experienced this. It is terrifying as well as painful. Give her my best.
    Anne