Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need a (cheap) vacation...

Posted by sheepco MN z4 (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 21, 06 at 21:30

Ok, so I'm weary of looking at this...

Image hosting by Photobucket

...I need sunshine, preferably with palm trees and flowers. I've never been to the Mayan ruins in Mexico. This might be a good time. Maybe you can help me. I'd prefer to stay south of Cancun, nearer Tulum, closer to the ruins and maybe a few less people. I've done alot of web-searching so far. All the usual sites. (and a really great one for $25/day cabanas near Tulum - sand floors, community restrooms, no electricity, mosquito netting...sorry, maybe when I was younger :)

Anybody out there got a favorite site for REALLY cheap deals for airfare and hotels? Or maybe a REALLY good travel agent? I'm not terribly flexible 'cause my boss would probably like a warning before I just up and go, I'd like to go in Feb.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need a (cheap) vacation...

Sheepco, with the advent of the WWW, I think there's no better travel agent than YOU. A quick glance through tripadvisor.com returned a number of hotels with prices all over the radar. Looks like a small cabaa called Posada Luna del Sur has very good rating and received excellent reviews. And for $60/night it might be a pretty good value.

Also, if you do travel abroad, you probably want to read the State Department's travel advisory for Mexico. Have a blast on your trip and be sure to share some of your adventure with us once you return.

Last but not least... looking at the picture you posted brings up an age ole' question:'
"WHAT FELL THROUGH THE ICE???" :-)

o

Lily, the lab :)

Thanks for the site Semper!

o

well i just spent some reading time. thanks semper! now, if i were to return to cost rica, i would need a passport. before, i only needed a tourist card, birth cert, and notarized copy of my name change.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here