Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fairy_toadmother

dog show this month?

fairy_toadmother
18 years ago

ok, i took a wrong turn somewhere and now i am lost! story of my life. will someone PLEASE! stop spinning this hamster wheel!

anyway, i KNOW there was a dog show and i can't find the winner on a search (hurray for a hound to win last year!!! hooah!)

who won? please?

or, maybe i am hearing voices again....

Comments (42)

• sleeplessinftwayne
    18 years ago

Hey FTM, I only caught the end of the Westminster Kennel Club but the best in show was the Papillon if I am remembering correctly. Sandy

• bonz
    18 years ago

The 130th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Monday, February 13, 2006 8:00 PM -11:00 PM ET/PT Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM ET/PT ...

AND HERE IS YOUR ADVANCED WINNER!!!

My new 3 1/2 month old puppy, Jake. He is a "designer dog", a Chia-Poo or a PooChi or a Mexican Poodle or all of the above. Got him a week ago and he is really a cutie

(I know, Semper, he ain't no Doberman but I can pretend, right?)

{{gwi:164514}}

• youreit
    18 years ago

Awwww!!! What a precious little biscuit head, Bonz! Jake is extremely kissable and delicious! *melting*

FTM, the Eukanuba AKC show was on Jan. 14th & 15th! I was only able to catch the 2nd part on Sunday (thus missing the toy & hound groups! *sob*), but the winner was Costello, the Alaskan Malamute! I think he won 4 awards total. Pretty boy. :)

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Costello

• sheepco
    18 years ago

Bonz - awsumb photo! Looks like he's saying "awright...I'll sit, but only if I hafta". I miss those daily puppy snuggles!
    (and thanks for the Westminster info, I don't get that 'channel' but can usually get someone to tape it for me if I know ahead of time!)
    Best of luck with the future Best in Show!

• pkramer60
    18 years ago

FTM, there is a dog show at the Lake County fairgrounds on 1/28 and 29, in Greyslake, IL.....if you want the up close and personal.......

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

Well Bonz, that is one fine lookin' lad. Hairdoo and all! I think this is one type of downsizing that the American people can actually embrace. So the kid's got blue ribbon potential fer sure! :-)

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    18 years ago

pkramer, hmmmmmm. i wonder where i went a few years ago...ah! mccormick place to a bench show...or was that the pet expo. nope,i think the expo was at the race track...
    anyway, thanks soooo much for letting me know! i would love to go. gonna hafta call sis. oops, i work that weekend :(

on that note, good news! i am going to get days off again...i hvae had all of 4 days off since october 5, 2005. no joke. perhaps i will be less cranky, eh semper? :)

thanks sandy! i like to follow the westminster, eukanuba and ever other one i can find. i just love the labs diving contest (i don't know which one thatis on). such individual styles and poise!

lol, bonz! maybe i can get reception out here in the boondocks at work...what a cutie. chia pets in real life.

that's the one, brenda! thanks....YAAAAAYYY! OYAY,OYAY, All Rise...Costello has entered the Ring! i love malamutes :) i caught the end of nonsporting and the sporting groups. i didn't even know it was on :(

• sleeplessinftwayne
    18 years ago

You made me start to pay attention to which shows where on when and now I'm more confused than you are. Do they replay old shows? Sandy

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    18 years ago

yes! sandy. and it gets me every time :) makes me think i am watching a new one. i don't think they replay westminster (?) but i know eukanuba is and ohhhh, what is the brit one? krups? crufts? where is alison, and the other person to whom i apologize for forgetting your name? anyway, that one does, also.

• youreit
    18 years ago

Here are the re-air dates for the AKC Eukanuba show on Animal Planet. I guess the reruns will be 3 hr. cutdowns, meaning they'll weed out what they consider "nonsense". When it comes to puppies, there is no nonsense for me! :D

Crufts is March 9-12, but I'm not sure where (or if) it airs.

I'm so glad you get some time off, FTM! I didn't realize you were working (and learning) so much!

Brenda

• youreit
    18 years ago

One other thing I forgot to mention about the AKC show! One judge (I believe it was in the Terrier group) had some of the dogs pair up and face each other, nose to nose, without touching (I think they called it "mirroring" or somesuch). The announcers said it wasn't a rare request, but I'd sure never seen it! It was amazing and funny, and I really hope they didn't cut it from the 3-hour version. You just can't miss that part! :D

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    18 years ago

oooo, thank you, brenda...oh, i see nothing hear nothing and speak nothing.....so, i aint lernin too mich or werkin to hard. :)

i have never seen the mirroring...just down and back and one more time please. i usually only catch the cut version and then see snippets of things i would have liked to watch.

the bench show i was at, so many things going at once. i was there and still missed stuff!

• youreit
    18 years ago

The Westminster Kennel Club's Best in Show for 2006!! He is so handsome! :D

(Dermott the Pug gave it his best shot, though....*sniff*)

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: What a smile!

• maryo_nh
    18 years ago

I was watching that Monday night (last night we were out for dinner...) and we saw Rufus. We LOVED the way he was strutting around!

So, now I want to see the rerun of yesterday! And I wish they put the best of breeds on tv too. Seeing as that I'm too cheap to get the DVD.

:) Mary

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    18 years ago

YAAAAAAY! another one of my favorites!

DARN IT! i missed it again :( and there i was sitting around the house all day for the last 3 days with a sick dh. how did i miss it?

thanks for letting us know!

• youreit
    18 years ago

I'm sorry! I KNEW I should have posted when I thought about it (as the show was starting both nights).

Oh, that Rufus sure was strutting and smiling like crazy! He has that amazing quality about him that, even though he's not a classic beauty in any sense, he presents so well. :)

I'm pretty disgusted with the USA channel for not showing reruns of it, and capitalizing on the money side by selling the DVD. Animal Planet wouldn't DARE. :D

I hope your DH is feeling better, FTM!

Brenda

• mike_il
    18 years ago

Brenda USA had the show on yesterday morning.

• maryo_nh
    18 years ago

But I can't find any more reruns on their program guide. I looked at the next week and a half. Garumph.

:( Mary

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    18 years ago

brenda, please don't be sorry for not announcing the show! since i wasnt near a intravenous life support computer (refering tothe time i spend on here!), i wouldn't have seen the post.

thanks for the comment on dh. can you believe it? my prayers paid off and i didn't get sick- can't afford it! dh actually passed out (a real nasty flu bug). first time in his life. 3 am with a 6' tall, @235 lb. man walking into the hallway wall then passing out on my bedroom floor (falling through the door half in hall/ half in room) was not a nice sight. sweating profusely. i thought he was having a heart attack! poor dh thought it was his appendix and slept on my floor all night! my therm didn't even measure a temp or i would have guessed. so, stayed home from school one day and another from work. i will save you from the other details! :)

• youreit
    18 years ago

Oh, my goodness, FTM!! That is so scary! Poor guy. I'm glad he wasn't hurt by the fall, either! When they go down, it's usually HARD. I saw my brother pass out once, and I thought he was dying. LOL

Doh! Well, that was convenient of USA. I checked their website, too, and there was no mention of a rerun.

Next time, I'll make sure to post well in advance of the little darlings. Those Pedigree commercials ("We're for dogs...") really get to me, too. :D

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    18 years ago

thanks brenda! he is up and "running" now. he started feeling better and ventured out @ midweek or thursday. he went to his work out for the first time today, or was it saturday? oh, my days are so confused!

• somethinsfishy
    18 years ago

I missed it too FTM. *!*$#@%* Just happened to see a picture of Rufus somewhere with the the headline Best of Show. (I love his face)

Glad your dh recovered. There is some nasty stuff going around. Wish my dh would get well. I feel sorry for him but a week and a half of babying him is really grinding on my nerves. I have four kids not five! ;/

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    18 years ago

hello again, fishy! your "slippery" presence has slipped past us lately. in other words, missed ya!

well now, a week and a half! my "child" was four days at the most, but improving by day 3 even though it was so severe. surely your other "child" will get better soon! it isn't for lack of care, i am sure.

• youreit
    18 years ago

Geez, a week and a half! I hope he's getting better as he goes! Was/is it the 'flu? Severe cold? I hope for the sake of both of you, he's on the mend soon. :D

Glad you're back, too!

Brenda

• somethinsfishy
    18 years ago

THanks gals, I missed everyone I have just been so busy.

He sounds better today although he is still trying to milk it. pish!
    He had a terrible cough, sore throat and chest congestion. Our oldest son had it too (his only lasted 5 days though)I just talked to my former boss and she said that her husband had it too and had been off work. She finally made him go to the doctor because he was whiny and was keeping her up all night with his cough.

I am a meany and just made my hubby sleep on the couch ;o)

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    18 years ago

ftm, *directing the sign of the cross toward z5 NE* :)

• somethinsfishy
    18 years ago

LMAO!

• youreit
    18 years ago

LOL!! FTM, you're so funny!

There have been something like 39 cases of whooping cough (in children as well as adults) in the Sacramento County area here, and they're worried about it spreading unchecked. I guess the symptoms are like having a mild cold, but then the coughing hits. I'm always curious as to the different strains of colds & 'flu making the rounds across the country. That one you mentioned, Fishy, sounds like a tough one!

Although, I have to admit that I know what you're talking about when it comes to certain members of the opposite sex "milking it" when they're sick...big time. LOL

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Brenda wrote:

"...Although, I have to admit that I know what you're talking about when it comes to certain members of the opposite sex "milking it" when they're sick ... big time ....."

LOL! I ~think~ that talent gets covered in the most basic of XY training camps although there may be variations in the advanced courses. They make it look so natural! :-)

3D Chick

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

"I ~think~ that talent gets covered in the most basic of XY training camps although there may be variations in the advanced courses."

Gents, we have a code red. I repeat: CODE RED.

Act natural.

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Oh oh.....

I'm thinking I am going back on the auction block soon ... but **FOR REAL** this time cauzin' my fow paw about the divulging of the secrets of XY training. Either that or the Goosi need to make yet another run at the Ohio target.

CleOH ~~~ hiding under her umbrella yet again~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh ... Before I am sold off (not that anyone would actually purchase the likes of me) does any one know if the whippet that ran off after the Westminster show was ever found?

• somethinsfishy
    18 years ago

No CD3, we XX will not allow you to be auctioned, Goosi or no Goosi!

Just don't divulge the phone tapped calls from XY to their mothers.
    :oD oops

• chickadeedeedee
    18 years ago

Hi Somethinsfishy.

Sadly both of Mike's parents are deceased. The *ONLY* thing that keeps me from actually being sold off is that no one would spend the money to buy the likes of me. LOL! Mike got me for free and he's stuck with me.

(That'll teach him!)

C with 3 Ds and a Mike :-)

• youreit
    18 years ago

I have to admire you, C3D. The segue from the XY factor into the obvious connection of whippets was smooth and well done. Well done, I say! *golf clap*

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Police call off dog-gone search...*sniff*

• semper_fi
    18 years ago

"Just don't divulge the phone tapped calls from XY to their mothers. "

And they said this domestic spying program was VERY limited in its scope.

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    18 years ago

oh! i had no idea about the whippet. it even outran my brain-just try to catch one!

• youreit
    18 years ago

Sorry for not posting this info sooner for those who are interested!

Tonight at 8pm Eastern on Animal Planet - Eukanuba Tournament of Champions 2006 in Portland, Oregon

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

so i caught crufts a couple of nights ago (no cpu to say, HEY!)

the australian shepherd from the us won! a blue merle with some tan and a blue eye. handsome chap. thats hospitality for you.

anyway, i thought that crufts did not allow the showmanship you always see in westminster ect...that i have never ever liked. seems they were doing it more than the first time i ver watched. pulling the toy breeds off the ground with the leash to get them to walk tight, using excess flare, etc.

• youreit
    17 years ago

I wanted to watch the Cruft's show, FTM, but DH confiscated the remote. *scowl* Hurray for Chance the Aussie shepherd, though!!

I REALLY hate that when they just about choke the dogs, trying to get them to walk or pose the "right" way! Or when they jerk the dog to get him/her to turn around.

That's why I never cared for Dermot the Pug's handler (David something, I think). I'd watch them in the background after Dermot didn't win. Dermot would be looking for assurances (cuddles), and the guy would just ignore him.

Watching Jeffrey the Pekingese lumber around the ring, being such a good sport about it, made me want to tell him what a good boy he is (at least his handler was kind to him).

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

??maybe he was trying to not encourage "bad" behaior? or, maybe not all handlers are animal people! i have no idea. it is so hard to not cuddle even when misbehaving (or just being ornery).

for instance, there is romeo. though not a dog...anyway, often i will walk past him as he is sprawled out on the floor, and he lazily takes a swipe at the back of my leg as i go by...hey! where do you think your going? it is really hard to not turn around and respond, whether just verbally, or even just getting me to stop, or i like to grab his belly when he does that. all that encourages him to keep doing it.

anyway, back to dog shows. my i am chatty lately. you know animal planet. crufts should be on again!

• youreit
    17 years ago

LOL! Hey, I know what you mean about clingy kitties! I simply cannot resist when Pookie, seeing me walking toward her, rolls from her side to her back and tucks those cute little paws against her chest. Then, the piece de resistance...she meows, never losing eye contact. LOL

Oh, yes, I'll be looking for reruns! :)

Brenda

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

oh yeah! gotta grab the belly then! hmmm, paws against chest, or hooking into your pantleg? i guess orneriness begets orneriness in my house.

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional