Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OK Ponders! Drop Your Rocks & Grab Your Socks...

Posted by semper_fi Z7 GA (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 22, 06 at 23:29

It's time for the 2nd annual Pond Forum Super Bowl Pool. I realize that 99% of you are NOT football fans and that's okay because last year, by most accounts, even the most uninterested of participants said they had fun with this game. So before clicking the BACK button, look at the grid below and pick 2 numbers:

GO STEELERS!  No, I'm not biased! :-)

HOW IT WORKS
After all 100 squares are picked, I will use a computer generated randomizer to assign a unique number from 0 to 9 to each column and each row (where you currently see the '?' marks). These numbers will represent the last digit of the score of the game on Feb. 5th. So for example, let's say that you have decided to pick squares 13 & 77 and after assigning random numbers the grid ends up looking like this. For this example, lets also assume that the football Gods decide to smile at me and the final score turns out to be:

Pittsburgh Steelers: 37
Seattle Seahawks: 21

In this example, since square #13 bears the winning combination of 7 & 1, then you win one of the 2 prizes.

PRIZES:
There will be 2 winners in this game (though technically it is possible that the same person can win twice). The square with the correct half-time score will win $20. The square with the correct final score will win $25. Also, a new twist for this year will be that IF the Steelers win the game, I will gladly double the prize of the final score to $50 (half-time prize will remain the same). That may coax a few into an unlikely cheer for the Good Guys™! :-)

The winners can choose from the following prizes:
*A donation on your behalf to the charity of YOUR choice
*Gift certificate to 123ponds.com
*Gift certificate to eBay.com
*Gift certificate to amazon.com

A NOTE ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY: I respect your reserved® rights to privacy. If the winners opt for a gift certificate, I will need a private email with only a first and last name and an email address to complete the transaction. If you feel more comfortable, this can be the name/email of your 3rd cousin 4 times removed. I really don't care who it is as long as you feel confident you can get your gift from that individual.

I will update the grid every evening. If you inadvertently pick a square that's already occupied by someone else, you will be assigned the closest available square. I would prefer to keep this game exclusively for members of GW Pond Forum but if more participation is needed, later this week I may open this up to members of an internet network that I'm involved with for my business.

So pick your 2 numbers and good luck!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OK Ponders! Drop Your Rocks & Grab Your Socks...

• Posted by bonz WI (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 22, 06 at 23:39

7 & 43 please.

And a side note: IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION, IT'S THE JOURNEY TO GET THERE.... I thought both games were too one sided. A little more excitement, please!!???

o

11 & 19, if you please...

If the numbers have to be on different rows, then make it 19 & 73

o

"A little more excitement, please!!???"

Bonz, I have friends in high places.... she has ESPn! I'll see what I can do for you!

And to heck with the journey, we want that Lombardi Trophy!

-Greedy ba$tard :-)

o

• Posted by horton 6 b Ontario. (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 23, 06 at 8:31

Semper, may I have 45 and 2.
Thank you.
"Horton"
P.S. I see you got your © and ® mixed up!

o

Hi Semper®. :-)

I MUST have numbers 10 and 21, dontchaknow?

They correspond to the letters 'J' and 'U'. (x2)
I'd like to have #13® lurking in the background for added security.

C wit the 3 D3

o

Semper, May I have numbers 54 and 76 that is of course if you certify that those are winning numbers. As far as paying double I don't think you will have to. Steelers have a good team but I am afraid that the Seahawks have a better team. I haven't seen very many of games either team has played until the playoffs. The Steelers played good in the playoffs but the Seahawks played great in the playoffs. The Steelers have a great head coach but the Seahawks have a better one. So I predict the finial score to be 31 to 17.
Mike

o

*dropping my socks and grabbing my rocks* I never could follow directions.

I would like 69 and 86, if you please. :)

If the Steelers win?! Don't make me start caring, demmit! LOL

Brenda

o

4 and 36 please!

o

3 and 44, please.

I knew you'd be unbearable today. :)

o

15 and 51! Those be my favorite numbers. I would play those in the lottery if I ever played the lottery.

Btw, thanks, Fi guy, I was hoping you'd come through with this game!

:) Mary
*still sulking over the Patriots*
*not that they deserved to win*
*they didn't!*
*we just sulk out of principle up here in NE*
*especially since it's snowing and the Pats are SO GOOOOD in the snow so it makes us remember*
*sigh*

o

semper i just hurt my foot. never tell me to drop my rocks cause i aint so talented as to miss my feet with these things....(then again, since when do i listen?)

blindly picking randomly with my finger on the screen, may i have 54 and 78?
thanks.

o

Semper,
Congrats to the Steelers taking it to the Broncos. Glad to see Bettis going back home. Put me down for 22 and 55.
Thanks,
George

o

Mike, Mike, Mike! All this time I thought the 'IL' in Mike_IL was for the state of Illinois but now I realize it's short for ill-advised! :-)))

Seriously though, Seattle DOES have a great team this year. The thing that I have noticed about them is that they don't have overwhelming strength in any part of their game but they also don't have any weaknesses either. They do everything well enough to overcome their opponents. I do believe that Bonz's wish for an exciting game might just come true this year.
MaryO, a small part of me wanted the Pats to beat the Broncos so we could have a rematch of last year's Conference Championship game so we could try for a little payback.... But another part of me didn't want to play them because they are such a dangerous team. Bill Belichick is such a great football mind regardless of the fact that he always looks like an unemployed high school gym teacher on the sidelines! :-)

BTW, feel free to pick 2 numbers again for one of the forum favorites, Ademink.

o
oops!

I forgot to insert a quick note here to remind myself and others that all the requested squares have been added to the grid.

o

Put me down for 91 and 00.

Scott

o

that's fine semper,and thank you. i probably remembered the number wrong, thus the esp kicked in on your end. :)

o

Can you pick the same number twice? I guess not. I'll take 13 and 99

o

I'm not a football fan at all, but I'll play along :) Please assign me 1 and 90 .
I must say I was a little disappointed when I read the list of prizes too, I was really hoping the grand prize was going to be a desiccated turtle or frog with a human face.

o

• Posted by bonz WI (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 24, 06 at 12:10

I think I found his Uncle......

Image hosting by Photobucket

o

• Posted by bihai z8B FL (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 24, 06 at 12:42

Hey Bonz that almost looks like the dogs they had in Korn's "Word Up" video! How hilarious!

o

LOL @ those pictures! :-)

Bihai, I am thinking that everyone in the UU13 would automatically get the number 13. ~Just because.~ I don't think that Nappy ® © ¾ holds the exclusive rights to it. It is reserved through him?

Is that right, Semper or is my XX cell in the ozone again?

Chick with 13 Ds

o

Tue, Jan 24, 06 at 14:42

If I can't automatically get 13, I'll take 6 for Nicki Sixx.

o

Mucky, you're not the only one that's not into football. I'm not into professional football.

G'day,
Scott

o

Tue, Jan 24, 06 at 21:16

Semper, LMAO, I thought you had given my picks to some rich guy called MSM Mogul.
When I win the big one, may I have the $50 payment in "Loonies" and "Twonies", deposited directly into my old sock c/o The Royal Canadian Back Bacon Brokers Bank and Chinese Laundry, please?
"H" [alias MSM Mogul]

o

Muckster, I hope this is not going to set a precedent here but I am willing to make an exception. If you hit the jackpot, you can have the desiccated turtle with a human face... but under no circumstance I am going to be responsible for the emotional harm done to PeeWee when he encounters THAT thing face-to-face!
C3D, I did some research on this matter and it appears that to the dismay of all triskaideikaphobics out there, Sir Rowlf does currently hold the rights left to #13.
Bihai, #6 and #99 it is! :-)

o
dang!

Dang, I did it again. Forgot to mention that the grid has been updated so new participants don't necessarily have to read every reply to know which numbers have already been picked but not yet posted.

Entries after this reply have not been added to the grid yet.

o

My grid is NOT updated. The only people appearing on my grid are jeffghayes and Bonz

Bihai, suffering 13 levels of OCD over not being updated

o

Only those with ESP can see the grid updates...

o

Bihai you crack me up. :)

o
Bihai's Sixxy boyfriend

o

ok semper, I pick 33 and 47 if they aren't already taken.

Nana

o

May I have #25 and #50 please.

o

Bihai,

If you click on "refresh" or"reload" then you should see the latest updated grid.

C3D ~ 13 minutes of computer training

o

Wed, Jan 25, 06 at 16:51

Hey Chickadee that actually worked! Do you offer classes in this computer nerd stuff? Yeh that's old Nikki. And I do emphasize OLD. See, I wanted 13 for Wednesday 13, whose actually a WHOLE LOT CUTER. Not to mention younger (check out www.wednesday13.com) but alas it was TAKEN (sob). Nikki Sixx has almost as many tattoos as me but Wednesday 13's are much cooler....he has all black and grey and fine line with Pinhead, Wolfman, Boris Farloff as Frankenstein, he has some great stuff.

I am REALLY MAD at my goth hairdresser. She went to a Gen and Tortures concert a few weeks ago and actually got to meet Wednesday 13 and his guitarist Piggy, and ALSO got to meet the guitarist from Morbid Angel. Just hangin with the band no less. SOme people have all the luck....angst....

o
RE: Ponders! Drop Your Rocks & Grab Your Socks...

Glad I could be of help, Bihai. :-)

No classes from me, sorry to say. You just happened to have THE ONE 'puter problem for which I had a solution.

Chick a DDD

o
oops typo !

Wed, Jan 25, 06 at 18:53

sorry should have been Genitorturers. I'm laggin here

o

Bihai, I thought I've seen them faces on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted posters at the post office. :o)

Happy ponding(with a Country twang),
Scott

o

I've got a mole that looks like Nixon. Does that count?

o

Your Nixon mole ain't crooked, is it?!?!

Still looking for entries from Jeanner, Ademink, sleeplessinftwayne, somethingsfishy, saigo, Poo3, Isis_Nebthet, DRH1, imaginators, gardens1948, Arum, Ripper, Patricia_MI, Muddypaws, etc., etc., etc.

If you keep in touch with any of these folks or any other GW member, please feel free to invite them to play along.

REFRESH / RELOAD YOUR PAGE - GRID HAS BEEN UPDATED

Entries after this reply have not been added to the grid yet.

o

I couldn't get MY grid to update until tonight.

Refreshing the window by clicking the "refresh current window" key didn't work, but it also showed a keyboard shortcut for it (F5), and when I did it THAT way, it DID work.

And that answered a question I'd had before, as to WHY Bihai had said the grid has JeffgHayes in it.

So why DOES it?

So far as I know, there's no JeffgHayes ON this forum, or even on GardenWeb, but there is "JeffgHayes" occupying the two squares I requested.

I might assume it was a simple typo if the "a" and the "g" keys weren't 4 keys apart on the keyboard.

What gives?

o

Yeah Scott I guess Wednesday13 and his crew are pretty scurrilous lookin fellas but still entirely scrumptious. I mean, when you sing songs with titles like "I Just Wanta Say F**k", "Slit My Wrist". "Twist My Sister", "Graverobbing USA", and "197666" you ain't gonna look like Ted Bundy.

o

I'll take Atlanta in 4!!!!

Seahawks?...Image hosting by Photobucket

o

Oh, well, in that vein... Go Browns!!!! Woof woof woooooof!

o
RE: OK Ponder! Drop Your Rocks & Grab Your Socks...

I dig Lemmy!

o
RE: OK Ponders! Drop Rocks & Grab Your Socks...

Hey there Gonzer.
Wasn't that Chicago in 4? :-)

~~SIGH~~ Maybe next year Zinniachick. It's always NEXT year for the Brownies isn't it?

3 D Chick

o

Depending on your 'puter settings and platform, if simply clicking 'RELOAD' or 'REFRESH' does not work, try holding down the 'SHIFT' key while clicking 'RELOAD' or 'REFRESH'. This should do the trick in Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator. I'm not sure about Firefox and other browsers but I'm guessing they should be similar in function.

Hey Gonz, that picture looks a lot like this one:

That ain't ewe, is it?!?!? :-)))

Looks like the entries have tapered off, so I'll be inviting the internet network I had mentioned earlier to join in the pool. They will be shown in BLUE squares.

o

Could I have 12 and 75, pretty plleeeassseee????

o

Fri, Jan 27, 06 at 6:38

Mr Poolman Sir, that photograph reminds me of the Scottish version of the old Beatles song,

"Hey McLoud, get offa ma ewe"!

MSM Mogali howwwwwwwwwllllllling.

o

Gonz, my tattoo artist and her boyfriend went to a huge metalfest show in Orlando several weeks ago and Lemmy was there....she said she thought he looked like he had gotten BUTT IMPLANTS!
He's gotta be, what, 60 by now??? STILL ROCKS THOUGH (devil horns-devil horns-devil horns)

HORTON you are SOOOOOOO funny!!!!!!!!!

Bihai, banging my head 13 times

o

The Great Mz. Cleo came to me in a dream and sez to me she sez, "Oh Gonzoid, the #'s 12 and 98 have beaucoup jos and major league good juju in your future." So Semper, I hearby "tap tap, dibs dibs' them two #'s.......please.

o

MSM Mogul, you sir ain't right! LOL! :-)

Gonz, Gonz, Gonz! #12 was picked earlier by Ms. Jeanner so I be thinkin' that you must have misunderstood Ms. CleOH's concise instructions in your zonked state. What she really said was: "Gonz me mon, ju and jo ewe wanna be right nest to the good luck & charm of #13© Nepetalactone™.".

So you and ewe must have assumed she was talking about #12 when in reality she meant his OTHER good side. So you got #14 & #98.

Only 12 entries remaining. Picks after this reply have not been added to the grid yet.

o

My abject apologies Semper. Must be the 2 hour difference in time from Mz. CleOH's pshycic phshop to California. ;-)))

o

Semper,

Correct me if i'm wrong, but it looks like your game doesn't have a single Pittsburgh-er signed up. I think we need to change that. Yoi!

I am the self-proclaimed, biggest Stiller fan around. I'd love to play if yinz guys will let me.

I'll pick #'s 30 & 71.

GO STEELERS!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

Here is a link that might be useful: If you need help understanding my Pittsburghese......

o

Hey, This will be fun. I'd like 20 and 74.

o

Sat, Jan 28, 06 at 17:02

mamabirrd, love your little "Stiller's" biscuit person, but shouldn't it be wearing a bra?
This IS, after all, a family forum!LOL
"H"

o

LMAO Mamabirrd! I love it! I follow the Steelers very (too?) closely and even I didn't know that they had traded for the much maligned Izzy. And how did he manage to get Big Ben's number?!?! :-)

Bettyboops, square #74 was spoken for earlier today in the other forum, so I gave you #73 & #20 instead.

8 slots left to reach one "hunnert". LOL! I'm diggin' this Pittsburgese!

Picks after this reply have not been added to the grid yet.

-Pool Dude

o

OK I to dropped my rocks and found my socks but now what? All this witty repartee concerning football and other things kinda leaves me out in the cold. I rarely watch football unless forced to under duress. Give me a nice slow easy to understand game of golf any day over some hulky guys tossing a funny shaped ball around and figuring out first downs.. what the heck is a 3rd down anyway? 3 strikes and you're out? OH no wait that is baseball right? Well anyway, I will take ummm let me see 48 and 52 for no apparent reason whatsoever unless you count that my hubby is now officially ,for 2 months , 5 years older than I am.. and I will soon be 48 OMGGGGGGGGGG.... (fainted from old age) If my numbers have been taken just pick some for me Semper sweety honey pie in my best Texan drawl :-) yep it's official I am getting old and losing my mind. Pat

o

If they are still available I would like 35 and 49, please. Sandy P.S. That poor turtle and dog are enough to give anyone nightmares.

o

Semper, if you have two squares leftover - you didn't put any in yet for Ademink. Don't forget! How about 26 and 29?

o

"you didn't put any in yet for Ademink. Don't forget!"

LOL MaryO! See my reply on Jan 23, 06 at 20:48. And you thought the rest of us had A.D.D.! :-))) I'm glad you finally came to pinch hit for her.

Also, I guess this is as good as a place as any since there's no longer an active B-Day thread in the forum:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU IN SQUARES #4 & #36! Have a great day Heather.

I'll update the grid tonight after I'm finished with the projects.

o

Happy Birthday Heather!!

Chick a D :-)

o

Pat, you're in luck! This game has NOTHING to do with 3rd downs, or touchdowns, or touchbacks, or any of that. It might help to have a basic knowledge of football's scoring system but even that is not absolutely necessary. For cheering purposes, it helps to know how many points a team needs to score in order for the score to land on YOUR square. I remember many, many years ago when I was doing this grid for a bunch of friends in my school, how much fun it was to see one of the guys who had never watched an entire football game in his life go NUTS towards the end of the game hoping one of teams would make a field goal so he would win the pot.

Thanks for playing Sandy. :-)

o

83 and 97, please. If they are taken, just pick for me please. :)

o

58 & 93 for me, if they're still available! Otherwise, I'll take anything! :) Andrea

o
big cheesy smile

awwww, I actually just read this thread and (besides LMAO) saw that you all were looking for me! I FEEL SO SPECIAL. LOL You guys are great..........and twisted....hehe

o
hey!

OK, now threat of domination begins as I hammer this thread into oblivion. LOL I just saw that I've been assigned squares already! NOW I NEED TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

You go, Andrea!

Just remember, it has to get to 150 follow-ups before they max it out, now, not 100... So that's 83 more posts after this one, by my reckoning.

Ya got your work cut out for ya, but then anyone who can handle that 14,000-gallon pool/pond you have AND find time for the homeless AND still find time to go to the Gulf Coast and help hurrican survivors like you did... well... I'm sure you're MORE than up to the task :)

o
Daily Fiber

Hehe...you're a sweetie, Jeff. Right now I'm just eating Frosted Mini Wheats - isn't that glamourous? Actually, it's the Aldi version but MAN, are they good! Do you have Aldi down there, Jeff?

One down and 82 to go...

o

Yeah, we have an Aldi on the other side of town, Andrea, but I've never been in there. I don't do much shopping on the other side of town, since pretty much everything I need is on this side of town...

Maybe I should get over there once in a while. My friend who has the little fairyland of his own over there (the big, secluded house on the creek with the old mill pond) is a big fan of Aldi -- that's where he got his first digital camera deals, in fact, lol.

Me, I can barely get past all the mulah Super-Wal-Mart sucks out of our lives every month, and that's just a bit over a mile away... But MAN their selection sucks... if it ain't national, they pretty much don't carry it (except for maybe grits, lol).

o
RE: OK Ponders!!! Drop Your Rocks & Grab Your Socks...

Thanks for the great numbers Semper!

Nappy®

o

I did refresh and the grid looks like it did on Saturday. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Have all the spaces been claimed? If not I have someone else that would like to play.
Betty

o

Thanks for the b-day wishes!!!

o

Mon, Jan 30, 06 at 19:17

Betty, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard as you click Refresh and see if that works for you.
"Horton"

o

Mon, Jan 30, 06 at 21:13

In case you can't refresh, as of 2110 hours EST the available squares are:

o

Did I win yet?????????

o

my toes are getting really sore everytime i open this conversations section.

o

Earth to Andrea: I changed your numbers to the ones YOU had picked. Knowing my luck (and maybe yours?), if I had kept them the same as before, at least one of the winning squares would have been 58 or 93 and then we both would have felt like GaGGinG me! :-)

Jeanner, BINGOOOO!

o

LOL!! FTM, I feel your pain. Literally.

Did Jean just win? Dang it! All I needed was the Bee & the Gee. Tragedy!

Brenda

o

Semper, are you going to get the rest of the #'s filled?
If we can pick a 3rd #, FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE..
Give me #18.
I'M FIRST!!!!!! lol

o

Oh great god of Garden Web, please delete Poo's last post. :o)

G'day,
Scott

o

LOL! Nice try there Ms. Ima First. I'm guessing that there MIGHT be some last minute stragglers wanting to play along just like the 4 we had last year. However, if the grid is not filled out by Friday, to give everyone an equal chance of winning, I'm going to allocate the remaining empty squares to my favorite charities (USO.ORG, etc.)... so who knows.... in a roundabout kinda way, YOUR son (aka POP3) may end up getting a decent care package from the GW forum courtesty of the USO. :-)

o

That'll work! (Southern lingo)
Funny you said what you did, since I wanted 18 because Eric's b-day is Sept. 18th.
Cool, No? Yes!!!

Scott,

o
RE: Scott...

The smiley girl's sound effects didn't work...
but it went something like,
"What, I can't hear you". Then she hikes up her leg and
phaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrt!!!!!!
Here ya go, Scott,

o

Semper, thanks a bunch for the numbers n'at! LMAO at Izzy!

Horton, hee hee. I am looking at my Big Ben cookie in a whole new light.

Hi bettyboops!

I'm giggling at all of you.....you keep me in stiches.

Okay Steeler fans, has anyone heard "Pahlahmahlu"? Or "Pittsburgh Steeler Time"? Our fight songs are pretty popular here all year round, but right now they are being played on the radio constantly. Check out this link to one of our local morning radio shows for the songs and video's.
And for you Seahawk fans, there's even the official Seattle championship fight song/video performed by none other than......yep, you guessed it.........
William Hung

Enjoy!
~Dawn (mamabirrd)

Here is a link that might be useful: morning freakshow

o

Thu, Feb 2, 06 at 18:55

Ah William Hung, I knew his father Well!;-)
"H"

o

mamabirrd, tooooo funny! I think even the 99% majority here who aren't into football might get a kick out of the Polamalu song. LOL! How do people come up with this stuff?!?!?!?!

FYI, the numbers for the columns/rows will be assigned Saturday AM so be sure to check back.

o

Mamabirrd, have a VERY happy birthday tomorrow. Hope you'll have a late but great gift on Sunday night. Looks like the 13 Eyes Juju Lady, is working her evil magic against the Steelers and 2 of my favorites players. This could be a HUGE advantage to the team in Puke Green if either one of those guys is not @100%.

o
RE: OK Ponders!!!! Drop Your Rocks & Grab Your Socks...

Puke Green JuJU x 13.

Powerful stuff Semper. All for the good cause.

Kindest regards,
Pukie :-)

o

Seattle's head coach Mike Holmgren's nurse wife and doctor daughter headed for the CONGO yesterday to do medical relief work while their DAD coaches his team in its first-ever Superbowl. They won't even be able to see the game there on TV or hear it on radio... will only get a call after the game to let them know.

They had made these plans several months ago, not knowing when the exact date of the trip would be or that it would conflict with their team being in the Superbowl, but Mike says he encouraged his wife to still go, and she said "football's entertainment, but THIS is life and death."

Having no other basis for team-pulling, this puts me on the Seattle side :)

o

Go Steelers???
Go Seahawks???
GO COMMERCIALS!!

I always tape the Super Bowl when attending a party. That way I can watch the commericals and fast forward the game!!!

o

29 and 95 please, if it's not too late to pick. For charity. Thank you. CT

o

OK boys & girls,

Refresh/reload the grid because all squares have now been filled out. I used this random number generartor to assign the score numbers. It gave me this sequence of numbers for the Seahawks' score column. It also generated these numbers for the Steelers score row.

Also, just to try to make the game a bit more interesting for everyone, I made a last minute change in strategy for the last 2 remaining squares. As you can see they are titled x2 and /2. If either the half-time or the final score ends up on these squares, the other winning square will either double his/her prize or divide it in half!

Good luck all.

o

Sat, Feb 4, 06 at 14:15

Great Job "Poolman", now as long as they do not get snowed under in Mo'town, with the arrival of the forecasted winter storm, everything is set for me to fill m'old sock with them there greenbacks.
MSM Mogul.

o

If you're having a hard time finding your squares on the grid, here's a bigger high resolution version of the grid you can print out. Also, below is a list of all GW participants' scores listed in alphabetical order of the username as listed on the grid. Note that the first number listed is SEAHAWKS' score (shown in green) and the second number is STEELERS' score (shown in black/gold).

* Ademink: 6 - 3 & 1 - 8

* Betty_Boops: 2 - 7 & 5 - 8

* Bihai: 0 - 0 & 1 - 5

* BONZ: 0 - 4 & 7 - 8

* FTM: 9 - 2 & 5 - 3

* Garden_Memaw04: 7 - 3 & 6 - 1

* Gonzer: 2 - 2 & 1 - 3

* hnladue: 0 - 2 & 4 - 0

* Jeanner: 2 - 1 & 5 - 6

* jeffghayes: 2 - 9 & 2 - 5

* Mamabirrd: 3 - 7 & 5 - 9

* MaryO: 2 - 6 & 6 - 9

* Mike_IL: 6 - 2 & 5 - 0

* Ms. Cleo: 0 - 7 & 3 - 9

* MSM Mogul: 0 - 1 & 7 - 6

* Mucky_Waters: 0 - 9 & 8 - 7

* Nanahanna: 4 - 8 & 7 - 4

* Nepetalactone: 0 - 3 & 2 - 8

* PondmaninFL: 1 - 9 & 1 - 7

* Poo3: 8 - 8 & 1 - 4

* Sheepco: 3 - 6 & 7 - 7

* Sleeplessinftwayne: 4 - 6 & 7 - 5

* spring217: 3 - 1 & 6 - 6

* Susan58Tose: 3 - 5 & 1 - 6

* Youreit: 9 - 5 & 8 - 0

* Z-Chick: 0 - 8 & 7 - 2

PHEW! I need a Heineken!

o

Let's get ready to Rummmmmmmmbbbbbllllllllle!

o

I just want to say thank you for all of your hard work, Fi Pitt Fan guy! You're generous not only with your money but with your time, as well! :)

(Coin toss will be tails!)

Brenda

o

You are the best Semper! Thank you for all your time & energy. It's great fun.
Glad you liked my fight songs. You should see the Polamalu pins everyone is wearing around here. I don't have one (yet) but i'll try to find a pic. Hysterical!

The day has arrived. We've already got the Kielbasa cookin' and i'm preparing a few other munchies in advance of a long afternoon of pre-game festivities. I'm about to get into my "uniform" and paint my face.

DH will probably spend most of the game on the floor, in the other room, holding his heart. He gets very worked up, and I worry about him. We actually have a family member (grandpap) who was ordered by his doc to NOT watch any Steeler games! He peeks, lol.

Let's hope all fans and players make it through the game healthy w/ no injuries.

Good Luck Steelers!!!!
Let's bring home one for the thumb!

Have fun everybody!

Thanks again Semper!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o
forgot...

Forgot to thank you for the birthday wish Semper!
I had a great day, and the party has continued into today. A Pittsburgh win is what I wished for. : )

~Dawn

o

LOL! x 13 ( of course.)

You are the bad Semper. :-)

~~probably why semperismyfriend!~~

Juju

o

Semp has proven once again that he is irrefragably a non-scobblelotcher or eristic when it comes to his pool. Come to think of it Semp, you're neither a nazzardly person or an alliaphage, but quite possibly a dendrofilous type of guy! If ya don't believe me, look it up.

o

"DH will probably spend most of the game on the floor, in the other room, holding his heart."

LMAO Dawn! I know someone else JUST like that. But I won't name any names to protect my guilt!!!

Semi-funny story... 10 years ago, for Super Bowl XXX, we had a huge party. Most of the guests were just there for the drinks, the food, and the commercials and couldn't care less about the game itself. These casual "fans" were definitely not prepared to witness the OTHER dark side of the normally mild-mannered host especially when Neil O'Donnell threw those 2 lame duck interceptions. Who knew punching holes in one's own living room walls would scare aways guests?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :-)))

Strangely enough, we haven't seen most of those people since then! LOL!

-BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD Pool Dude

o

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

You punch holes in your living room walls too????
I'll never forget that game, those interceptions, or the fury that followed.
That was a fully-funny story, lol.

I just showed DH my numbers......he didn't know I was in a pool. Now he is even more excited.

Is everyone waving their Terrible Towels yet??? Only 1 hour 'till kickoff!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o

Ooooorah Mamabirrd! The Big Guy (NOT Jerome Bettis) works in mysterious ways. I was for sure "David L." from the other forum was going to steal YOUR prize with a field goal. I couldn't be happier to give at least one of prizes to a fellow "Stillers" fan.... and a late B-day present nonetheless!

"We" need to loosen up! Playing WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too tight but getting better.

OK, lets go watch a bunch of 70 somethings sing: "I can't get no Satisfaction without Viagra".

Only 30 minutes of game time until the trophy handout. Hope it's to the Good Guys®©.

o
RE: OK Drop Your Rocks & Grab Your Socks...

:-) !

Congratulations to my friend Semper on a dream come true for his beloved Steelers! :-)

dontchaknow?

C with 3 Ds ` and 13 green eyes too!

o

T

h

a

n

k

y

o

u

s

o

m

u

c

h

J

U

J

U

E

y

e

L

a

d

y

a

k

a

C

h

i

c

k

a

i

s

m

y

f

r

i

e

n

d

!

I

T

W

O

R

K

E

D

!

!

!

:)))))))))))))

o

The only thing cooler would have been for Seattle to get the field goal, do an on side kick, get the ball, return it for a touchdown, go for two points and miss. Steelers win...

Now THAT would be my ideal finish, sorry, I like nail biters!!

(And Semper, the Steelers may have the Lombardi trophy but we had the real deal. Just wait until next year...GO PACK)

o

LOL! Like I needed THAT heart attack BONZ!

OK, Mamabirrd and my favorite "dark current" (aka MSM Mogul) mooning his g-string to the G-eneral public, PLEASE email me from here and let me know which prize do you want. :-)

Fresh out of the oven:

o

Thanks again to everyone who participated. I thought it made the game even more interesting. Special thanks to both winners who selflessly gave their prizes to a charity of their choice. Seems like I'm constantly reminded that we are surrounded by VERY COOL people in this forum.

See ya'll on the 2007 grid!

o

Could I please have #7 and #36? Thank you

o

Mon, Feb 6, 06 at 12:01

Thank you Semper, for all your hard work in putting the pool together and for your Gracious prize.
It was a pleasure to pass the prize onto people where it will do some good.

And anyway the dog chewed up my old sock and it's too cold to remove and use the ones I'm wearing, to keep those greenbacks in till the spring thaw, when we can get out to the General Store for supplies and a chew of baccy.

One question though.
Who are the Steelers and the Seahawks anyway?
I've never seen the names mentioned in the NHL standings, must be a couple of bush league teams! Gee-wizzerooo ;-)
MSM Mogul.
P.S. I see the sap is running again.

o

Thank you Semper for your generosity and hard work putting this fun pool together. It sure added to the excitement of the game. CT

Mammabird - Congrats!

o

Hi everyone,

HOORAY!!!!! The STEELERS brought home one for the thumb!

Thanks Semper! You are so wonderful to do this for all us ponders. It was great fun!

And thank you for the win.

I asked Semper to donate my winnings to The National Aviary right here in Pittsburgh, PA. It is a wonderful place that is close to my heart.

Here is a pic of the Bald Eagles that reside there. Notice the one flapping only has one wing. Poor thing had been shot by some @#$&*!*.......

And this is a picture of me the last time I was there.....

Thanks for helping take care of the birds Semper.

Hi Comet! Thanks!

Well, it's been a great season. I'm already looking forward to training camp. And the next pool...........: )

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

o
RE: OK Drop Your Rocks & Grab Your Socks...

Congrats to Mamabird, Bihai, Semper and the Steelers! :-)

Good job. dontchaknow?

btw...... Thanks Semper !

Chick with 3 Ds.

o

Bonz, I gotta try to somehow remember YOUR reserved numbers for the '07 grid.

LMAO! That's a nice looking smile Mamabirrd! You look EXACTLY as I had imagined!!! :-)))

Ummmm.... Ms. CleOH, why are you congratulating Bihai?!?! LOL!

o

sounds like everyone had an exciting time- wonderful! congrats to the winners and thanks, semper!

o
RE: Ponders! Drop Your Rocks & Grab Your Socks...

Congratulations MSM Mogul for your win as well as Mamabird.

The sap is running out of my brain cell and I forgot to congratulate you Hortonismy friend!

(The 13 eyes made it difficult to see the final winning grid too, dontchaknow?)

Chick-a-need a 13 hour nappy, uhh, nap! :-)

o

Oops, I was so EXCITED about next years grid I forgot my thanks and congratulations!

CONGRATULATIONS to the winners.

And a GREAT BIG THANKS to Semper for an OUTSTANDING job again!!!

o

Great choice for donation Mamabird - thanks for letting us know.

And thanks Semper for being such a great super bowl host, next year can we have snacks too?????

o

Sure. You can have a smack! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here