Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
horton_gw

Semper was it Distermper?

horton
17 years ago

Semper, read you were not feeling up to par you old dog!

How are you doing now?

I hope whatever is was, is all behind you now and you are fighting fit again.

"Horton"

Comments (15)

• youreit
    17 years ago

What?? What happened?? I hope he's ok!

Brenda

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

It must have been some party to make our resident Marine feel icky. I need a thesaurus. I sat here for 5 minutes trying to figure out a synonym for sick that wouldn't be an insult. Hope the icky has gone away, Semper. Sandy

• horton
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Brenda, the old dog mentioned he was feeling under the weather in the caption thread a couple of days ago and there has been no bulletins issued since!

Chicka, I did the same and with Semper being an ex-marine ["Devil Dog"] I figured it could be distemper he had contracted. [not distermper as I had in the first Subject Line] I wish they had a post edit option on this site.
    I hate that, I just hate it!
    "Horton"

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

Horton, Horton, Horton.

Being a Marine, I'm sure Semper was vaccinated for everything including distemper. It has been a terrible week for lots of us Ponders, ehh? :-(

Here's hoping that things will get better for all.

C3D

• youreit
    17 years ago

And he still hasn't replied! Even though he was vaccinated for distemp, I've heard that disTERMper can be brutal.

(I feel your uneditable pain, Horton...)

I hope things start looking up for everyone soon!

Brenda

• youreit
    17 years ago

Anybody hear from Fi guy yet?? Just hoping all's well.

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

I'm sure Semper will blush to see your concern. :-)

We've exchanged several e mails. He's otherwise occupied for a while but I'm a thinkin' he'll be back sooner than later.

C with 3 Ds

• scottspond
    17 years ago

Semper has distemper? Or is it "this temper?"

Guess who?

Happy ponding,
    Scott

• sheepco
    17 years ago

Hi scottspond, how are the palm trees down there?

• comettose
    17 years ago

Well well well - looky who.

• youreit
    17 years ago

GREAT news, and thanks so much, Chicka! As long as I know he's ok, then he can wait to post as long as he likes. :D

SCOTT!!! I was hoping that was you I saw over in Discussions! Welcome back, you ol' snowbunny, you. LOL

Brenda

• scottspond
    17 years ago

Thanks, it's been a while and a lot has happened.

Sheepco, the palms are a little frost bit in these parts right now.

Scott

• youreit
    17 years ago

I forgot to ask about Frances! How is she? Do you have your pond business yet? Hope your wife is well, and your ponds are thriving (or vice versa). :D

Brenda

• semper_fi
    17 years ago

Sorry to have gone AWOL. As Mrs. C3D mentioned, it has been a pretty rough week. The better-half is taking our loss especially hard and I was trying to spend every moment that I wasn't working with her trying to fill the giant void. Not sure if my annoying tactic worked! :-)

Scott! What the heck has been going on with you? Welcome back dude.

• scottspond
    17 years ago

Brenda, Frances is fine. She 2 yo now and still a pup at heart. No pond business but the club is still going. My wife and I are both getting over a cold at the moment. Other than that, we are both fine. The ponds are changing. I'm building a 4x10x2'deep trough at the moment and plans to build a 3x5'x18" trough later on. A 4x8x1' trough is also in the planning to help eliminate the kiddie pools. I have to start working on a few things to get ready for this years plant festival in April. I'm busy, busy, busy!

Semper, it's been a while. I will be changing jobs next month. The company that I work for is doing away with production and just becoming a distributor. The leather products will be made in Mexico and the nylon products will be made in China. In the meantime, there will be people looking for jobs that don't want to work in shipping or warehouse. It's a bummer but I'm starting to look this month so I'll be ready when it happens.

Scott

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm