Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Semper was it Distermper?

Posted by horton 6 b Ontario. (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 25, 07 at 8:34

Semper, read you were not feeling up to par you old dog!
How are you doing now?
I hope whatever is was, is all behind you now and you are fighting fit again.
"Horton"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Semper was it Distermper?

• Posted by youreit z9b CA Sunset z8-9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 25, 07 at 10:55

What?? What happened?? I hope he's ok!

Brenda

o

It must have been some party to make our resident Marine feel icky. I need a thesaurus. I sat here for 5 minutes trying to figure out a synonym for sick that wouldn't be an insult. Hope the icky has gone away, Semper. Sandy

o
RE: Semper was it Distemper?

• Posted by horton 6 b Ontario. (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 25, 07 at 14:45

Brenda, the old dog mentioned he was feeling under the weather in the caption thread a couple of days ago and there has been no bulletins issued since!

Chicka, I did the same and with Semper being an ex-marine ["Devil Dog"] I figured it could be distemper he had contracted. [not distermper as I had in the first Subject Line] I wish they had a post edit option on this site.
I hate that, I just hate it!
"Horton"

o

Horton, Horton, Horton.

Being a Marine, I'm sure Semper was vaccinated for everything including distemper. It has been a terrible week for lots of us Ponders, ehh? :-(

Here's hoping that things will get better for all.

C3D

o

Mon, Feb 26, 07 at 10:09

And he still hasn't replied! Even though he was vaccinated for distemp, I've heard that disTERMper can be brutal.

(I feel your uneditable pain, Horton...)

I hope things start looking up for everyone soon!

Brenda

o

Fri, Mar 2, 07 at 10:15

Anybody hear from Fi guy yet?? Just hoping all's well.

Brenda

o

I'm sure Semper will blush to see your concern. :-)

We've exchanged several e mails. He's otherwise occupied for a while but I'm a thinkin' he'll be back sooner than later.

C with 3 Ds

o

Semper has distemper? Or is it "this temper?"

Guess who?

Happy ponding,
Scott

o

Hi scottspond, how are the palm trees down there?

o

Well well well - looky who.

o

Sat, Mar 3, 07 at 9:21

GREAT news, and thanks so much, Chicka! As long as I know he's ok, then he can wait to post as long as he likes. :D

SCOTT!!! I was hoping that was you I saw over in Discussions! Welcome back, you ol' snowbunny, you. LOL

Brenda

o

Thanks, it's been a while and a lot has happened.

Sheepco, the palms are a little frost bit in these parts right now.

Scott

o

Sun, Mar 4, 07 at 9:56

I forgot to ask about Frances! How is she? Do you have your pond business yet? Hope your wife is well, and your ponds are thriving (or vice versa). :D

Brenda

o

Sorry to have gone AWOL. As Mrs. C3D mentioned, it has been a pretty rough week. The better-half is taking our loss especially hard and I was trying to spend every moment that I wasn't working with her trying to fill the giant void. Not sure if my annoying tactic worked! :-)

Scott! What the heck has been going on with you? Welcome back dude.

o

Brenda, Frances is fine. She 2 yo now and still a pup at heart. No pond business but the club is still going. My wife and I are both getting over a cold at the moment. Other than that, we are both fine. The ponds are changing. I'm building a 4x10x2'deep trough at the moment and plans to build a 3x5'x18" trough later on. A 4x8x1' trough is also in the planning to help eliminate the kiddie pools. I have to start working on a few things to get ready for this years plant festival in April. I'm busy, busy, busy!

Semper, it's been a while. I will be changing jobs next month. The company that I work for is doing away with production and just becoming a distributor. The leather products will be made in Mexico and the nylon products will be made in China. In the meantime, there will be people looking for jobs that don't want to work in shipping or warehouse. It's a bummer but I'm starting to look this month so I'll be ready when it happens.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Ponds & Aquatic Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here