Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
youreit

Those in need

youreit
17 years ago

This little guy needs someone's help. His folks and brothers aren't a match, so a best case scenario would include someone of Filipino & Caucasian descent. Barring that, maybe someone with an Asian or bi-racial background.

Any others you know who might need help (of any kind) out there?

Brenda

Comments (10)

• chickadeedeedee
    17 years ago

I've been on the Bone Marrow registry since 1998 when a little girl in a community near us needed a bone marrow transplant. I wasn't a match for her.

I'm not a match for anyone yet but I wait.

The process for testing is easy. They just take some tubes of blood and that's it. They try to match up your blood type with someone who needs help. You'll be put on the national registry and then you wait for a call if you become a match for someone.

Thanks for the story Brenda. Hope he finds someone to help!

Matchmaker. Matchmaker. Make ME a match.......

• comettose
    17 years ago

I've been on the National Registry for years as well and also never called. They seem to like my blood platlets though being A negative. Also an organ donor. I figure give it all up if you can or don't need it anymore.

I hope the little fella finds someone - so sad to see children suffer. If you are reading this please consider getting on the registry. Thank you.

CT

• sheepco
    17 years ago

Thanks for spreading the word Brenda!

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for helping, ladies!

I hope that when Chad gets back on his feet, he'll avoid snowboarding!! This site helped him begin his long journey.

Brenda

• youreit
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Trevor is in need, too.

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Help Trevor Kott

• youreit
    Original Author
    16 years ago

So sad to report that little Trevor Kott passed away yesterday morning. I cry for his family.

From his mom -

"I thought my heart would be broken, but instead I realize how much fuller it is for having the privilege to have been TrevorÂs mom. We have all been praying for a miracle together, but as Pat reminded me, the miracle happened the day Trevor was born. He has given so much in his short life, I know he was sent here so we all could witness life in its purest form. I donÂt have a lot of energy left to write much more, but I felt it was important for Trevor for everyone to look up on this bright sunny day and watch Trevor soar. My precious baby peacefully started his journey to heaven at around 8 oÂclock this morning."

Bless them all.

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Trevor Austin Kott

• comettose
    16 years ago

Awww - poor little guy. It is so sad when a baby dies. It breaks my heart - it really does.

• sleeplessinftwayne
    16 years ago

Someone has been helping this family by directing their emotions beyond their grief. I am so glad they had this kind of counsel. We had a similar loss 35 years ago and help of this kind did not exist. I can tell you it is a devastating experience and the actions of the people around you make a great deal of difference in how you learn to cope. A simple "I'm so sorry this happened" may be as much as someone can deal with. Platitudes can be terribly offensive and hurtful although they may be meant sincerely. I hope this family continues to remember their child with the joy they once had. Sandy

• semper_fi
    16 years ago

Yep, cancer DOES suck.

• youreit
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Another local story. A photographer from the Sacramento Bee won a Pulizter for her year-long portrayal of Derek & his mom Cyndie, entitled "A Mother's Journey". Donations for families who are fighting cancer are being accepted through the website, Derek's Wish.

They also provide many links for emotional support, which is so important, as Sandy mentioned.

Brenda

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH