{{gwi:165581}}

Comments (24)

• horton
    16 years ago

Just loverly!
    "H"

• sheepco
    16 years ago

Rani grew up to be so fine! Still love those ears.
    So what do the 2 little devils find to get into in the snow?
    Sarah

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Daisy looks so tiny next to Rani! How did that happen?!?!? :-)

Daisy likes to pull bird feeders down. If they have seeds inside Rani, her partner in crime, uhhh, apprentice in training, runs through the yard dumping, uhhh, scattering, seeds so the birds can get to them easier. Then it is time to destroy that nasty seed restricting contraption.

If the feeder holds suet .... Mmmmmmmmmmmmm .... suet! Time to eat! The girls do share the suet with each other. Left overs are cleaned up by our Starlings and Blue Jays.

If there are no feeders left within reach it is time to run and play. Nothing like plowing through the snow to find a buried squeaky toy. Not an easy existence but they knew that when they signed up to be a part of Camp Nappy.

• youreit
    16 years ago

Mmmm, delicious!! They definitely look like working dogs...even if they're only working to spread the seed. LOL I would love to apply for the foot wiper offer position (Toots Towel Girl) at Camp Nappy. :D

I know there's a haiku in that photo somewhere...

Brenda

• sheepco
    16 years ago

More Dogs In the snow!

Lily dashing...
    {{gwi:165582}}

Emma having a snow bath (her hair has grown back!)...
    {{gwi:165583}}

Murphy doing his handsome look...
    {{gwi:165585}}

and Kate... "me? I did not bring my nylabone outside!"
    {{gwi:165588}}

Mine only eat the seeds on the ground :)
    Sarah

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oooooooo! *Love* them all! :-)

Lily is a real beauty! Sweet fuzzy Emma looks like she knows how to have a good time. Stay away from the oil bath please.

Good Lord! Murphy is the handsome guy isn't he? ~swooning~ Awww. Poor Kate. I bet the nylabone is somewhere under Emma. She's doing that snow bath thingy to tamp down the evidence. LOL!

Hmmmmm. Those non-snow people are probably gettin' jealous with the fun we have with our doggies.

C3D

• youreit
    16 years ago

I AM getting jealous!! If snow equals doggie fun, then I WANT some!!! LOL

Murphy has me drooling all over the place. He is one gorgeous manly man. I love seeing Emma's fuzzy-licious tummy! So kissable...

Lily has the same look on her face that I get when I dash, too. It's all about getting from point A to point B. LOL And Kate needs a cuddle!!! Awww, comeer, girl!

Brenda

• comettose
    16 years ago

All the dogs are great! C3D - your dogs look like wolves in the high north country. Great photograph of them in the winter wonderland. My dog sometimes eats birdseed too - off the ground, which worries me. He never had any ability to jump upwards, can't even get on a bed. He knows the feeders are there as he gives me a hopeful look each time I carry suet cakes outside.

Well Sarah - you have quite the pack! Look at Lily's ears in the wind - she looks like Batdog. And Emma making snow angels or break dancing maybe. Murphy IS so handsome and wise and are you telling us Kate is somewhat of a stinker pot?

Brenda - no snow here but one itty bitty storm. That's OK by me - I hate shoveling 144 feet of sidewalk! I'll live vicariously thank you.

• sheepco
    16 years ago

LOL, Kate will sort of hang back when everyone is going outside, then as soon as my attention is diverted she snatches whatever is handy - kong, nylabone, tennis shoe, glove, hat, etc, etc, etc - and flies out the door. After I realize that the toy count is low INSIDE, we go patrol OUTSIDE. At least we haven't had much snow, but those nylabones are tough, won't find some of them 'til spring. And I'm now on my 3rd stocking cap of the winter (she-or someone-chews holes in 'em when they're down and OUT).

S

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The Girls....
    {{gwi:165590}}
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When the white-tailed deer came for a visit ..... {{gwi:135046}}

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Another happy Rani....
    {{gwi:165593}}

• sheepco
    16 years ago

"Whoops, she caught us! Quick, look pretty and she won't notice we were after the feeders again...." LOL

Great photos!! I can't believe you didn't scare the deer taking that one. But they must have been way too interested in kitty to notice - that is priceless!

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL! The blue-ish thingy in the left lower corner IS a feeder. GOTCHA Girls!

• youreit
    16 years ago

GREAT pics, Chicka!!! The girls look so sweet and innocent in that first pic. LOL That deer pic is incredible!!! How long did they stay? What did they think of your kitty and vice versa?

Look up "elation" in the dictionary, and I'll bet you'll find that last pic of Rani. :D

Brenda

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The deer were checking out a kitty that lives a few doors down from Camp Nappy. They e mailed the picture and said we can share. We think the kitty and deer *know* each other. LOL! The deer were in the neighbourhood much of the morning and not too shy! They come for a visit a few times a week. Lots of times they're down on the beach having a drink from the lake. :-)

• sleeplessinftwayne
    16 years ago

Chicky, thanks for the pictures, especially the one with the deer. I have noticed deer will have trouble figuring out what that cat is. Pookie used to stalk the deer that came to eat the birdfeeders (yes, I mean the feeders and not the seed). It was so funny to see a buck with a huge rack getting its head down on the ground and trying to focus on the cat. I wish I could have taken a picture of that. Yours is much appreciated. Sandy

• isis_nebthet
    16 years ago

snow....Only Loyal has seen snow. He had a blast though. SunYu, Menkhet, and Jerry haven't been through a winter with snow. SunYu is a major water dog so I'm sure he'd have a blast.

• youreit
    16 years ago

I love watching dogs when they first experience snow! It usually ends up being pretty hilarious. :D

Look what husband did (notice I didn't say, "DH...") -

{{gwi:165596}}

*sigh*

Pookie wants to kill her (and has tried numerous times), she doesn't get the exercise Aussie shepherds (or cattle dogs, whatever!)/labs need (one 10-minute walk per day?! you're kidding, right?)...nor the attention. Stupid XY move, considering we live in a small rental. At least he built her a semi-small/medium kennel....

Roscoe (nice feminine name...) is such a good doggie. It breaks my heart to see her in this situation. I love her to pieces, though, when she's not gnawing my arms and fingers off. :D

*SIGH*

Brandy

• sheepco
    16 years ago

OMG!!!! That's the cutest thing ever!!
    Take it like a woman! Don't you know exercising the puppy can be accomplished with a ball from a lawnchair with a glass of wine in one hand?

But please one of you must be in charge of training or you'll have an outback nightmare on your hands. They're REALLY smart, and need lots to do.

I LOVE her! ***Snuggle, Snuggle***

Roscoe?????

• sheepco
    16 years ago

And if I didn't have a queen-sized bed full of dogs already I'd trade that sweet face and THOSE knees for a plump wooly quad lamb anyday!

:0) S

• maryo_nh
    16 years ago

Oooohhhh....

Brenda, your (D)H is a very brave man, no?

For exercizing our Gretchen, other than walks, we have the tennis ball flinger thingie and the frisbee. These get great mileage on minor owner time investment. It does depend on the pup knowing to return the ball/frisbee. Do have DH take her to puppy classes! Gretchen and I went twice and it has paid off excellently over the years.

:) Mary

• youreit
    16 years ago

Hey, you ladies are right about the ball and the lawnchair! We had one of those battery-operated cat toys - a wobbly ball with a furry tail attached. Pookie hated it, but Roscoe promptly utilized her Aussie ingenuity and tore the tail off to make 2...2...2 toys in 1! LOL HOURS of fun...for all of us. *sip*

Instead of walking/galloping her on foot, DH (ok, the D is back, for the moment) now drives down the road...holding a bird wing attached to a fishing rod....out the car window for Roscoe to chase. Oy vey!! LOL

Brenda

• youreit
    15 years ago

This isn't MY doggie, but I'd take him (her?) any day! What a sweet puppy! *sniffle*

Brenda

Here is a link that might be useful: Story of Will Power

• chickadeedeedee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Awwww! What a sweet little dog! :*)