Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryo_nh

The Westminster Dog Show!

maryo_nh
16 years ago

Tonight and tomorrow night, first on USA (8/7) then switch to CNBC (9/8).

O, I so love dog shows!

:) Mary

Comments (9)

• youreit
    16 years ago

Me, too, Mary!! And thanks for the reminder. I watched only a little of the AKC Eukanuba show on Feb. 2nd, but I can't remember who won it. I think it was a terrier of some sort. And the Puppy Bowl was fun to watch before the Super Bowl. :D

Brenda

• maryo_nh
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You an' me, girlfriend! I don't remember who won the Eukanuba, but I know I didn't agree...
    So, here I am, watching the toy breeds (which I don't like as much) (but they crack me up with the bobbing fur), but your favorite the pug is one of them! And they showed him real good, too.

The two best TV nights of winter in my opinion!

• youreit
    16 years ago

Cripes, it figures I missed it! I guess I need a personal reminder butler to follow me around throughout the day so I don't forget stuff. LOL Well, I had the dental hygienist digging to China via my gumline yesterday, so I'm somewhat validated. :D

Awww, a pug!!! I take it he didn't win the toy group, though? :( Hey, but I did see a pug on a leash yesterday in our very small town (pop. 800). What are the odds of that? :D

**SPOILER ALERT**
    (Don't scroll down if you don't want to see results!)

Looking at the website, I see Uno, a 15" Beagle, won best in show! He's a handsome little devil. I bet he really charmed the judges. *sigh* Maybe it will be rebroadcast soon!

Brenda

• comettose
    16 years ago

First time for a Beagle to win too. Beagles are cute if you can stand their braying! Only kidding - I love all the animals.

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

Rani thiught it was the best TV show ever! Bruno was less impressed.
    {{gwi:165648}},/center>

• maryo_nh
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Chicka, Rani looks so grown up now! She's beautiful.
    I tried and tried, but Gretchen either wasn't impressed or she hasn't caught on to TV watching... she slept through the whole thing.

When I saw all the champions, beautiful as they were, none of them made me grin like when Uno made his round. So I was really pleased with the outcome. Uno rules! I used to have a beagle mix sort of dog when I grew up, maybe that's why.

• chickadeedeedee
    16 years ago

Thanks Mary. :-)

Uno sure was struttin' his stuff wasn't he? He was saying "Hey! Look at me. I'm the best one here." LOL!

Rani discovered television by herself a few months ago. We could be watching some animal show and then flip the channel and Rani gives us a look that pleads for the channel to go back to her show. Daisy doesn't care about TV. She wants real dogs or cats to play with.

• sleeplessinftwayne
    16 years ago

Wow, I wish I had been able to watch. I do love beagles and the beagle mixes always seem to be so smart and friendly. We had a german shorthair and beagle mix and he was a doll. It's hard to imagine they have never won. Why weren't they entered in the working dogs or did I misunderstand? Sandy

• youreit
    16 years ago

LOL!! @ Bruno! Holy kitties, I think all cats must do that when dogs are on TV! My Pookie absolutely refuses to watch when those "filthy vermin" are on the screen. She does the head turn with ears back thing, as though she's digusted by what she's seeing. LOL!!

I'm with Daisy in that I prefer the real thing, too. :D

Brenda