Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fairy_toadmother

another pet pic, overflow anyone?

fairy_toadmother
17 years ago

i just had to post frost since i don't have many of her. romeo just always jumps in front of my camera :)

here she is trying to thaw out. anytime she hears the heat kick on, she heads to the register under the table. doens't she look cozy?

{{gwi:165712}}

mostly, playing with my zoom. i don't know why so many of them came out blurry. i actually got the camera for some action shots of her and romeo. of course, out came the camera and into sleep mode they went!

Comments (9)

• sheepco
    17 years ago

Cool photo! Er warm I guess... Looks like a Sueellen Ross watercolor. She's one of my favorite artists. 'Course I have to settle for prints:)

This one of Frost deserves framing!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sueellen Ross artwork

• youreit
    17 years ago

Frost is so snuggly, FTM! I just want to kiss her soft little head! There's something so peaceful about cats when they sleep. And even when they're cleaning themselves. MmmMMM!

Wow, Sarah, those are beautiful works of art! They look like photos. Bella is my favorite. Oh, but Wisp in the Willow on the prints page is precious, too! I can see why you love her work. :)

Oh, the last one just loaded, Subtle Hint!!! LOL That embodies pugs to the max.

Brenda

• comettose
    17 years ago

Sarah - you like watercolors you might like this one. I bought this watercolor from a local artist named Karen Oakley as it reminded me of my Mommy-Ola and Purr-C snuggling when Purr-C (aka Pixie) was a baby. I had it framed. It is a fairly large painting which hangs over my piano in the dining room.

I liked the artist link you posted! Nice soft colors! FTMs photo does look like a watercolor and Frost would make an excellent model for a painting!

These photos don't do the painting justice, but fairly close.

{{gwi:165714}}

{{gwi:165716}}

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sarah, i never knew of her. thanks for opening my eyes! i just love the pups under the christmas tree.

• youreit
    17 years ago

Beautiful watercolor, CT! Time to snuggle my kitty now. :D

Brenda

• sheepco
    17 years ago

Oh, that's nice CT!

Sueellen has done tons of wildlife, birds, etc, too. But lots of dogs and cats in the past 5 years. Her sister Pat is a good family friend so I have a few of Sueellen's originals from earlier years and now I keep searching for more. Here's another link.

FTM, may I save Frost for my background? Too late but in hindsight I thought I should ask....

Here is a link that might be useful: Sueellen Ross prints

• jeanner
    17 years ago

Frost is such a beautiful kitty, and so appropriately named! That picture does make me want to get nose-to-nose with her.

CT, that is a beautiful watercolor.

I would love to get back to drawing but it is very time consuming and mine would look like folk art compared to the artists posted here!

• sleeplessinftwayne
    17 years ago

Jeanner, there is nothing wrong with folk art. Grandma Moses was pretty good. I suspect there are a lot of people out there who could manage to be pretty good if they only tried. A young aquaintance asked if I could give her art lessons. Her great grandfather had been a mural painter in Europe but she had never even had a lesson in school. I admit I almost gave up a couple of times. It was not because of her, it was my difficulty in telling her how to think and see like an artist. We met at least once a week for two years. She was always trying to take on new projects and skip the boring work of practice. She wasn't sure about muscle memory. I am so proud of her. She is going to graduate soon with a degree in graphic arts.

• fairy_toadmother
    Original Author
    17 years ago

sarah, of course you may. we would be honored. frost thrives on undivided attention! :) what am i saying? she absolutely demands it.

when she was a kitten/ young adult, her stripes were much less visible. she has the ticking on her fur like any other tabby pattern. but, with the color/ varying shades of creme, white, ivory, tan her fur just shimmered in the light. her full and formal name is sunspot's cyclone's crystal (he was a big boy and she just crystal-sized compared to her papa, nicknamed snowman. crystal of frost was too long to fit with all the other stuff)

rescued pets are beautiful too! a link to aspca for sending in your story..and there is a blurb at the very end that i think chicka would be partial to, as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: hopeful tails contest